The Student Room Group

English Quote/ Key Terms

Hiya everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew an effective way to learn any form of literature key quotes/phrases for example: poem quotes, Shakespeare quotes etc??
Reply 1
My recommendation is that you do brainstorm diagrams on one centralized theme, and every day, just look at it and see if you can add more and make sure to memorize it over the days. I cannot stress how important it is to read the texts over again, so make sure to read the poem, and deeply analyze them. Moreover, day to day, start reciting some lines in everyday conversations, it really does help! Those powerful quotes that you want to put in your essay for sure can be applied in conversations, and will also impress people.:smile:

In short, read the texts, draw diagrams or anything that'll help you connect quotes under one theme, and just use them in an everyday application such as in conversations and maybe even do some practice papers.
Quizlet and tinycards are really useful for learning quotes in a short amount of time. Because I'm weird, I like to pick a few quotes each week and try to slip them into conversations and see if my friends or family notice. Its then easier to remember the quote because I have a memory of my friend looking at me like I'm insane when I describe "a dreary night in November" when it's July! (From Frankenstein btw) Good luck and remember to analyse them, I forgot to do that before my mock last week and I knew the quotes but had.no idea about how they effected the reader lol.
TOASTIEKID x

Quick Reply

Latest