Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    can anyone could help me out with understanding elements of land law. I'm trying to look at this problem scenario and work out the areas I need to be looking at:

''When P viewed a property it was virtually empty, contained no personal belongings or furniture. Turns out the seller V had rented the property the previous year
    for a term of 2 years to T. T did not move into the house as she had been on a
    trip abroad but now she wants to move into the house. She hasn't breached any
    terms of the legal lease. Now P has purchased the property he wants to live in
    the home himself, but is he bound by the terms/legal lease granted to T?''

Does T have the right to remain in the property until the end of the 2 year agreement with it being a 2 year fixed term as she has not broken any terms of the agreement made with V? Wouldn't V had to have given P indication that he would have to take over T's tenancy agreement?

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated

Thanks

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.