Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got an email from a university inviting me to attend one of their applicant open days. The thing is, this university is not one of my top two choices (I already received offers from my top two choices) so I don't really want to 'waste' a day by going there, not to mention it will also be on a school day.

The email stated that I had to respond to it to say if I was going or not, but I don't really know how to respond to it. If I simply just tell them that I am unable to go, they might give me another date, and I wouldn't know what to say then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got an email from a university inviting me to attend one of their applicant open days. The thing is, this university is not one of my top two choices (I already received offers from my top two choices) so I don't really want to 'waste' a day by going there, not to mention it will also be on a school day.

The email stated that I had to respond to it to say if I was going or not, but I don't really know how to respond to it. If I simply just tell them that I am unable to go, they might give me another date, and I wouldn't know what to say then...
    Just say exactly what you said here, That you cant attend the open day, as you have been accepted by your 1st choice Uni.

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need to explain. Just say you're unable to attend an open day with them. Plenty of people won't want to go for various reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Just say something vague like "I will not be available on the day" or "due to unforeseeable circumstances I can't attend"
    They may give you another date to visit or something, but you could always just say "no"

ReputationRep:
    You're reading too much into it. I'm sure the Uni just wants an indicator of the number of people coming so they can know how many tour or talks to give etc.

But maybe something like this?

Hi,

Unfortunetly I am unable to attend the applicant open day.

Many thanks
    Name

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.