Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've done GCSE history, half of AS ancient history (but then dropped out) and am currently doing philosophy AS. I've loved all 3 and can say that I'm a really academic person. I love reading and researching, and when I love a study topic so much I tell my friends and family all about it. This makes me think a teaching career is perfect for me. But the problem is: I really don't know.

My plan was to do a law apprenticeship because then I don't have debt and I am interested in law, but I don't know if that career is for me. I study BTEC single law now, I'm liking it.

Now I'm thinking shall I do the History and Philosophy combined degree, then afterwards either do cilex graduate fast track to become a lawyer or do PGCE to become a teacher.

But then I think that's so much debt and I have studied history at GCSE and I'm studying philosophy now. So basically I have done these subjects before so is it all really necessary?
    I dunno what to do. Apprenticeship or hisphilo degree?

ReputationRep:
    Decide then if you want to surround yourself with screaming under 10s or petulant hormonal teenagers all day. The shorter days and long holidays are a bonus
    Or if you prefer being an ambulance chaser on no win no fee or defending no hopers, thieves, drink drivers , drug addicts and prostitutes in a police station 24/7
    Your choice

ReputationRep:
    Teach, be poor
    Law, be rich
    Need I say more ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.