Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've done GCSE history, half of AS ancient history (but then dropped out) and am currently doing philosophy AS. I've loved all 3 and can say that I'm a really academic person. I love reading and researching, and when I love a study topic so much I tell my friends and family all about it. This makes me think a teaching career is perfect for me. But the problem is: I really don't know.

My plan was to do a law apprenticeship because then I don't have debt and I am interested in law, but I don't know if that career is for me. I study BTEC single law now, I'm liking it.

Now I'm thinking shall I do the History and Philosophy combined degree, then afterwards either do cilex graduate fast track to become a lawyer or do PGCE to become a teacher.

But then I think that's so much debt and I have studied history at GCSE and I'm studying philosophy now. So basically I have done these subjects before so is it all really necessary?
    I dunno what to do. Apprenticeship or hisphilo degree?

ReputationRep:
    Decide then if you want to surround yourself with screaming under 10s or petulant hormonal teenagers all day. The shorter days and long holidays are a bonus
    Or if you prefer being an ambulance chaser on no win no fee or defending no hopers, thieves, drink drivers , drug addicts and prostitutes in a police station 24/7
    Your choice

ReputationRep:
    Teach, be poor
    Law, be rich
    Need I say more ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.