The Student Room Group

Help! Scottish Highers equivalent to English grades

Hi all, I'm really wanting to pursue a career in Midwifery but live in Scotland, so have Scottish Highers. I am moving to Brighton mid 2018 so would love to study there. I have contacted Brighton Uni and they said their equivalent of A Levels to Scottish Highers would be BBBBC. I currently have BBCC, and I am studying Human Biology and hope to achieve grade B. I am nervous that universities won't consider my application because of this. I am looking to join the Nurse Bank and do some volunteering ASAP! I have been Cabin Crew for 2 years so have some life experience in there. I'm 23 years old and really want midwifery to be my career. Any advice?Thanks! - Amy
Original post by amylouiseoliver
Hi all, I'm really wanting to pursue a career in Midwifery but live in Scotland, so have Scottish Highers. I am moving to Brighton mid 2018 so would love to study there. I have contacted Brighton Uni and they said their equivalent of A Levels to Scottish Highers would be BBBBC. I currently have BBCC, and I am studying Human Biology and hope to achieve grade B. I am nervous that universities won't consider my application because of this. I am looking to join the Nurse Bank and do some volunteering ASAP! I have been Cabin Crew for 2 years so have some life experience in there. I'm 23 years old and really want midwifery to be my career. Any advice?Thanks! - Amy

Midwifery is very heavily oversubscribed, so there really isn't any point applying unless you meet the minimum grade requirements. There will be lots of applicants who have achieved higher than the minimum so universities will be unlikely to consider your application.

If you are set on studying in Brighton, you might want to consider an access course to bring you up to the required standard. Otherwise, there are lots of other universities which you may like to consider.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending