Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

just trying to decide on my university choices for geology, and I'm unsure whether I should put Leeds down as it is a bit of a risky option.

I'm predicted ABB however the entry requirements are AAB, therefore I don't even know if i would be considered for an offer?

The course looks really good and in general I've heard good things about Leeds, but just don't want to get my hopes up or waste an option if there is no chance!

I have a good academic 'track record' (A* and As and GCSE and AAB at AS level, but I dropped one of the As) and my personal statement is okay?

So what I'm asking is.... does anyone have any experience of being given an offer to Leeds with lower predicted grades than the entry requirements? And do you think it would be worth me applying?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Boi go ahead.
    Just don't have anything too high or too many things in that area.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same situation as you! (except I'm applying for languages). I think I'm just going to go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxlxlee)
    I'm in the exact same situation as you! (except I'm applying for languages). I think I'm just going to go for it
    urghhh it's so annoying isn't it! I'm just not too sure still :/

But Good luck either way

ReputationRep:
    If you think there's a chance you can get AAB then apply, I was only predicted ABB and got onto a course needing AAB at Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveconverse123)
    urghhh it's so annoying isn't it! I'm just not too sure still :/

But Good luck either way
    I know it is It's always good to have an aspirational choice though!

Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, Leeds are notorious for lowering their grades for many subjects and my friend got on an AAB course with BBB
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stargaryen2704)
    If it helps, Leeds are notorious for lowering their grades for many subjects and my friend got on an AAB course with BBB
    1.This makes me optimistic. Thank you.
    2. Holy ****, two grades!
    3. Did they do any sports or anything? Like, my maths teacher got a two grade offer to Loughborough because she did swimming. Could a similar thing have happened there?

ReputationRep:
    yes apply. worse case scenario is that you get rejected and have 4 other choices to choose from. best case is that you get an offer - either way you don't lose

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.