Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Helena and I've just decided to make a Grow Your Grades thread to keep me motivated for my final year of A Levels!! I'm studying psychology, biology and maths and want to achieve AAA or higher by the end of the year... wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm starting this a bit late but oh well, better late than never! Last year (AS) I struggled with a severe mental health relapse and therefore only achieved AABC at AS Level (I'm a massive perfectionist and have never gotten anything below a B before starting college...) but now I am on the long hard road to recovery and I hope that my motivation for studying slowly comes back.

I'm aiming for AAA this year, but an A* or two would be quite nice xD

I don't know how often I'll be updating this thread, but hopefully it'll give me some motivation to work harder.

ReputationRep:
    Update: I sent off my UCAS application a few days ago!! Sadly my college don't process them over half term but hopefully it'll be sent of to the universities soon after I return.

In case anyone is interested, my predicted grades are AAB and I have applied to Leeds, Lancaster, King's College London, Bath and Newcastle to study psychology.

Has anyone else sent their applications off yet? The wait is so scary xD
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imateagirl)
    Update: I sent off my UCAS application a few days ago!! Sadly my college don't process them over half term but hopefully it'll be sent of to the universities soon after I return.

In case anyone is interested, my predicted grades are AAB and I have applied to Leeds, Lancaster, King's College London, Bath and Newcastle to study psychology.

Has anyone else sent their applications off yet? The wait is so scary xD
    Hiya! Good luck for this year :hugs: I'm applying to 3 of the same unis as you (Leeds, Lancaster and Newcastle) to study maths! I haven't submitted my application yet but I'm ready to, gonna do the pay and send when I'm back at school next week and then let it all go from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    Hiya! Good luck for this year :hugs: I'm applying to 3 of the same unis as you (Leeds, Lancaster and Newcastle) to study maths! I haven't submitted my application yet but I'm ready to, gonna do the pay and send when I'm back at school next week and then let it all go from there

Wow thank you for such a speedy reply! Oooh good to know I'm not the only one looking at those unis - which other ones are you applying to? Good luck with your application! x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imateagirl)
    Wow thank you for such a speedy reply! Oooh good to know I'm not the only one looking at those unis - which other ones are you applying to? Good luck with your application! x
    Durham and York, I really want to go to Durham :daydreaming: and thank you! Good luck with yours too

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I’m so sorry that I haven’t been posting - I completely forgot in the midst of homework ahhh. Here are some updates from this week:

-3/11/17 My UCAS application was finally sent off to my universities of choice by my college! Now I just have to wait for some responses...

-5/11/17 Today I spent most of my time working on a piece of biology practical write up which took a good three hours. However I had to do some stats tests to analyse the data, which was good revision for me because I’m retaking my AS maths S1 (stats) module...

Coming this week:
    -On Thursday I have my driving theory test!! I’m trying to do at least one mock test per day and I think it’ll go okay, but who knows haha
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    9/11/17

HELLO HELLO HELLO.
    I HAD A FABULOUS DAY!
    I got three very exciting news today:

1) I got my first A* of the year!! (Psychology mock - gender)
    2) I sat my driving theory test AND PASSED! I got 48/50 in the multiple choice and 68/75 in the hazard perception. IM SO HAPPY!

And finally...

3) I GOT MY FIRST UNIVERSITY OFFER! I got an offer from Leeds to do psychology and I’m so so ecstatic because that’s probably my favourite

All in all, it’s been a great day hehe x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.