Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else worry about growing old/life Watch

Does anyone else worry about growing old? Especially being with a partner and being left on your own and becoming so old you are unable to do things for yourselves.

Also, does anyone else panic about dying lol, sometimes I randomly start panicking that we're going to die one day. It scares me, and I know you can't worry but idk, it's just not nice to think about.

I also panic about family/loved ones dying and worry so much.

Please say I'm not the only one/or advice on how you don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    No point in worrying about the inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I worry about not being able to walk , my eye sight and hearing getting worse and everything that may come with getting old. Just means closer to your death. I wouldn't worry about death if I was like completely happy with life (which sounds weird). Can't really give advice tbh lol. I defo don't think about it all the time but when I do, it's mad.

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    Yes. I worry about not being able to walk , my eye sight and hearing getting worse and everything that may come with getting old. Just means closer to your death. I wouldn't worry about death if I was like completely happy with life (which sounds weird). Can't really give advice tbh lol. I defo don't think about it all the time but when I do, it's mad.
    I don't think about it all the time and mostly it doesn't cross my mind but I randomly get moments where it just dawns on me and I worry about it. When I see old people it just doesn't seem like it'll be me one day lol. It's scary!

ReputationRep:
    Yup I worry about becoming old a lot that's why I hope that the world ends soon but I still have the chance to have kids. Growing old is a no no i'd rather be raptured lool

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure everyone does. I just try not to think about it, otherwise I'd never get anything done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think about it all the time and mostly it doesn't cross my mind but I randomly get moments where it just dawns on me and I worry about it. When I see old people it just doesn't seem like it'll be me one day lol. It's scary!
    Usually happens before bed and when you're just alone. It is scary. For sure.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't worry so much about growing old but I do worry about death and dying, especially dying young. I'm terrified of it. People seem shocked that I'm so scared of it yet I'm training to be an embalmer :laugh: it's not so much death itself though that scares me most, it's leaving my loved ones that scares me most.

ReputationRep:
    Live your life for now so at least you'll have memories.

ReputationRep:
    dieing is a good thing, finally the suffering will end
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    two things are inevitable... death & taxis.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Stoicism. Instead of worrying about death, focus on living your life well. 20 years well spent doing something meaningful (for yourself or in general sense) are better than 100 spent fearing death.

Also, try to change the perspective. We die everyday: yesterday is gone, its history, it's a "dead"part of your life. How did you spend it? If you keep on thinking about death as something in the future, you won't realise that your limited time is passing meaninglessly. There is nothing inherently good about life, it's all about how you live it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)
    Pretty sure everyone does. I just try not to think about it, otherwise I'd never get anything done.
    I am indifferent to death.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.