Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i need help and advice

I am a 2nd year studying fashion marketing however i really want to transfer next year onto a Ba fashion communication and promotion course, although similar is more practical to what i am studying now . i have emailed the tutor and she said she will call me but i am so nervous that it will be bad news

has anyone ever done this before and/or does anyone have any advice ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It's unlikely. Third year transfers are very rare.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiaC33)
    Hi i need help and advice

I am a 2nd year studying fashion marketing however i really want to transfer next year onto a Ba fashion communication and promotion course, although similar is more practical to what i am studying now . i have emailed the tutor and she said she will call me but i am so nervous that it will be bad news

has anyone ever done this before and/or does anyone have any advice ?
    Hiya:hi:

I've moved your thread into this sub-forum where you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.

I'd agree with Juno with this one as she's an expert.

MR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It's unlikely. Third year transfers are very rare.
    Thank you - i enquired and they said it is a possibility but i personally doubt it too, but might as well see and if not it's okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Hiya:hi:

I've moved your thread into this sub-forum where you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.

I'd agree with Juno with this one as she's an expert.

MR
    Thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - i enquired and they said it is a possibility but i personally doubt it too, but might as well see and if not it's okay
    It's worth a try - if they can't take you into third year then they might be happy to take you into second year. You'd get student finance for an extra year (as long as you haven't already repeated or restarted).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's worth a try - if they can't take you into third year then they might be happy to take you into second year. You'd get student finance for an extra year (as long as you haven't already repeated or restarted).
    Yeah they said they would consider me for 2nd year , would have to check it is feasible for me . i think i will speak to my personal tutor and see what they suggest too
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Update
    Fashio marketing to fashion communication and promotions
    ( personally think they should change it to marketing with fashion as it lacks a lot of fashion modules :unimpressed:)

I am now looking and considering starting year 2 if i cant get onto year 3 but have to find out if they will fund me for it
    My course i study now was misleading as i was expecting more practical work as we were told it would be ( people have left because of this) it wasnt until i started year 2 that i realise it wasn't completely true - should i leave the uni after the 1st term i dont see the point in completing year 2 ?
    If i do leave i intend on taking up some work experience related to the subject i am interested in so i dont waste my year

My main concern is looking back at 3 years and regretting my degree or it not getting me to career i want and as it is fashion i feel the degree + work experience is important
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Update
    Fashio marketing to fashion communication and promotions
    ( personally think they should change it to marketing with fashion as it lacks a lot of fashion modules :unimpressed:)

I am now looking and considering starting year 2 if i cant get onto year 3 but have to find out if they will fund me for it
    My course i study now was misleading as i was expecting more practical work as we were told it would be ( people have left because of this) it wasnt until i started year 2 that i realise it wasn't completely true - should i leave the uni after the 1st term i dont see the point in completing year 2 ?
    If i do leave i intend on taking up some work experience related to the subject i am interested in so i dont waste my year

My main concern is looking back at 3 years and regretting my degree or it not getting me to career i want and as it is fashion i feel the degree + work experience is important
    As you've already started second year, it counts as using a year of finance - so in terms of future funding it makes no difference if you complete the year or not. However, if you did drop out you may be able to get a job for the rest of the year, so it may be better financially as you can earn more money.

Everyone is allowed one extra year of funding from student finance, so if you've not had any previous attempts at uni you would get full funding for the new degree, as long as you start from 2nd year and don't need to take 1st year again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    As you've already started second year, it counts as using a year of finance - so in terms of future funding it makes no difference if you complete the year or not. However, if you did drop out you may be able to get a job for the rest of the year, so it may be better financially as you can earn more money.

Everyone is allowed one extra year of funding from student finance, so if you've not had any previous attempts at uni you would get full funding for the new degree, as long as you start from 2nd year and don't need to take 1st year again.
    I called up sfe and unfortunetly i did a foundation degree so i won't have extra funding, now looking at alternatives but hopefully everything works out for the best.
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.