The Student Room Group

revison timetable help for a level

i dont know how to make a revison timetable or start it im doing 4 alevels. help
(edited 6 years ago)
Personally, I find timetables very rigid, inflexible and stressful. Not every week will be the same, you may need to do more or less work in a specific subject e.g. you'll feel forced to dedicate an hour to a subject that you're comfortable with and this will compromise your weaker subject. In my opinion, this is a waste of time. Also, not sticking to the fixed times allocated per subject can actually make you very stressed. What I'd recommend instead is making a to-do list every day. This way you can consider which subjects you need to prioritise and spend time and focus on them. It's far more flexible and very satisfying when you tick off what you've done in the day. :h:
Reply 2
thanks how many hrs should i revise a day
(edited 6 years ago)
Again, that's the beauty of to-do lists, you do as much or as little as you need to in a day. If you want numbers though, I usually do around 4 hours in a school weekday and 6-10 hours in a good weekend. To some people, this may be excessive and to others this may be too little so do as much as you need to, just make sure you're revising effectively (aka. not deceiving yourself into thinking you've been studying for ages when you've mainly been procrastinating :biggrin:)

note: Don't compare how many hours you do with others, you could have revised effectively for half an hour whereas someone could revise for 10 hours but not properly so you end up getting the better grade. Revise as much as you need to, this will differ from person to person.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ikrshafiq
i dont know how to make a revison timetable or start it im doing 4 alevels. help

Hi, there. I would only make a revision/study timetable if you know exactly when you're set homework for each subject and when your exams are. Though, you should check out Revision With Eve and Unjaded Jade for revision advice. Hope that helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest