Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who companion cast confirmed Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole, Mandip Gill and Sharon D Clarke will be joining Jodie Whittaker as regular cast members in the upcoming series of Doctor Who :woo:

What do you think of the casting? Are there any of the cast in particular that you're excited/apprehensive about? :holmes:

See more here!

ReputationRep:
    Only heard of Bradley
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Guessing they're going to be o.k, but I've never heard of them, before I saw the announcemet
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Actually very tempted to watch the next series!

ReputationRep:
    Not watching it. Completely and utterly screwed up the Doctor because of some SJWs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icequeenTM)
    Not watching it. Completely and utterly screwed up the Doctor because of some SJWs.
    Seems a bit of a stretch to dismiss it when you've not seen whether it's good yet!

ReputationRep:
    bradley from the chase loool, this shall be interesting
    hated the female casting originally but Jodie Whittaker is a great actress so I'm excited to see whether she converts me!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, imagine the doctor regenerating and seeing his penis gone. Using a female lead for a political point is lame.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    Lol, imagine the doctor regenerating and seeing his penis gone. Using a female lead for a political point is lame.
    I mean, it's been established for the last 5/6 series that the Doctor could be a woman, it's not just a spur of the moment political point.

ReputationRep:
    I have an open mind regarding the female doctor thing as it has been talked about since the 60s but I'd hate for them to make a big thing where they kinda turn Dr Who into a chick flick. When she regenerates she shouldn't seem surprised and just carry on like any other Dr Who before her. I haven't heard of any of the actors expect Bradley who I think isn't very good at acting. Thinking back they killed off Adric because the Tardis was getting too crowded. I think two companions is enough.

But we shall give it a go and if it is a big flop they can change it back to how it used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I mean, it's been established for the last 5/6 series that the Doctor could be a woman, it's not just a spur of the moment political point.
    It's still quite sudden since in the 20 something series before it there was no mention of Dr Who being able to become a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Still a political move nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit of a stretch to dismiss it when you've not seen whether it's good yet!
    The Doctor was introduced as male. Period.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor was introduced as male. Period.
    He was also introduced as a character that regenerates after every death, it's not remotely implausible for that to include changing gender?

ReputationRep:
    I don't watch the show but I'm pleased for Bradley Walsh, he's great.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like they are compromising the quality of the show to pander to SJWs,still gunna give it a chance but will not be surprised if its complete and utter ****

ReputationRep:
    He was also introduced as a character that regenerates after every death, it's not remotely implausible for that to include changing gender?
    Clearly not since we’ve all seen the Doctor regenerate only into a male. If they had changed the gender early on perhaps it would’ve been fine but till now we’ve always been made to recognise the Doctor as male. Why is it only now they changed him into a female? SJWs are the devil’s spawn
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not since we’ve all seen the Doctor regenerate only into a male. If they had changed the gender early on perhaps it would’ve been fine but till now we’ve always been made to recognise the Doctor as male. Why is it only now they changed him into a female? SJWs are the devil’s spawn
    We have only seen that, but I don't recall it ever being confirmed that the Doctor couldn't regenerate into a woman; considering the Doctor is essentially a shapeshifting alien, it seems quite the assumption on our part to assume that couldn't include gender too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.