The Student Room Group

Can 2 national diplomas get you onto Uni courses where an extended diploma is needed?

I'm currently studying IT BTEC LEVEL 3 National diploma, and by May of 2018 I'm confident that I'll have a D*D*. I'm also studying Enterprise BTEC LEVEL 3 for one year and I'm confident that I'll be acheving a D* in that course too. Most unis that accept BTECs say that they require a national extended diploma (DDD, DDM and etc). If I get my two distinctions in my IT course and that 1 distinction in my Enterprise subject, will I be eligble to apply to Computer Science/ Game Design uni courses that require an extended diploma grade whereas I have 3 national diploma grades?
Original post by k$ingg
I'm currently studying IT BTEC LEVEL 3 National diploma, and by May of 2018 I'm confident that I'll have a D*D*. I'm also studying Enterprise BTEC LEVEL 3 for one year and I'm confident that I'll be acheving a D* in that course too. Most unis that accept BTECs say that they require a national extended diploma (DDD, DDM and etc). If I get my two distinctions in my IT course and that 1 distinction in my Enterprise subject, will I be eligble to apply to Computer Science/ Game Design uni courses that require an extended diploma grade whereas I have 3 national diploma grades?

I would think you will be ok as its the same UCAS points. You should check with the unis you are interested in though by contacting them. Some unis state UCAS points, but others do not/ Some state btec, but only extended diploma rather than going into permutations of the shorter versions. Asking them specifically before you apply gives you the best chance of clearing it up.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I would think you will be ok as its the same UCAS points. You should check with the unis you are interested in though by contacting them. Some unis state UCAS points, but others do not/ Some state btec, but only extended diploma rather than going into permutations of the shorter versions. Asking them specifically before you apply gives you the best chance of clearing it up.

Thank you so much, I really needed someone to clear this up.
Original post by k$ingg
Thank you so much, I really needed someone to clear this up.

Not sure ive cleared it up, bit given you an indication on how to resolve the issue and that I expect you will be ok.

They dont deal with your situation because they dont handle every permutation, so ask them.

Most unis will not accept 2 AS levels as one A level, but the situation with btec is slightly different.

Your starting point is always to check the unis own information and entrance requirements. As its unlikely to deal with your situation then you will need to follow that up by asking, which should clear the matter up. I cant see why they wont be ok with your combination as its still 3 A levels. Try the same e-mail to 10 unis you are interested in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending