Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!

i'm from brighton and have lived here my whole life, and as much as I want to move away, sussex is my favourite uni by far!! as well as the fact brighton is an amazing city for student life

I would still move out into student residence to get the full student experience, but would be staying in brighton which seems a bit boring.

does anyone have any advice?

my other alternative is manchester, which i still think would be great but it's a much bigger uni and city n i'm not sure about it / think i'd do better in a not so massive uni
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3593474)
    hey everyone!

i'm from brighton and have lived here my whole life, and as much as I want to move away, sussex is my favourite uni by far!! as well as the fact brighton is an amazing city for student life

I would still move out into student residence to get the full student experience, but would be staying in brighton which seems a bit boring.

my other alternative is manchester, which i still think would be great but it's a much bigger uni and city n i'm not sure about it / think i'd do better in a not so massive uni
    make a pros and cons list for each option. Moving away can really throw you in the deep end with learning to be independent but it can also give you a chance to learn so many things you wont by staying in a city you know.

ReputationRep:

Move away.

It is fear of the unknown that prevents you leaving (although you may not be able to admit it to yourself.) You prefer the safe, the familiar.

Go to an amazing uni, and amazing city like Manchester and you will never regret it. You will make new friends for life, have experiences that money can't buy.

And you will still have Brighton, and all that means to you.

Instead of one great city in your life, you'll have two.

Take the leap into the deep end. Once you find you can swim you will wonder why you ever doubted jumping.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!

If you are looking to study in Brighton itself but feel that it could be boring then you could also take up accommodation in the student halls or the private student accommodations, this will help you enjoy the student life and community and also let you be in the city that you love so much. But I would personally suggest that you do not base your decision solely on the fact that you like one city as opposed to the other. Take the university with the best rankings in terms of your course and the best teaching faculty. Because at the end of the day only this will matter. The student life you will be able to enjoy anywhere. It all comes down to making friends and you will still create beautiful memories wherever you go. Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.