Turn on thread page Beta

Nearly certain about dropping out of uni watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year doing a course I hate, I miss home as well which doesn't help and I don't think university is for me. Can anyone give any advice? Get a job? I really don't know. Any help/ feedback appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fences99)
    I'm in my first year doing a course I hate, I miss home as well which doesn't help and I don't think university is for me. Can anyone give any advice? Get a job? I really don't know. Any help/ feedback appreciated
    gotta do what u gotta do, no point being unhappy at uni , why do u hate ur course-already?
    when u drop out you'll have a lot of free time so getting a job is a really good idea, youll also have time to think about what u really want to do-since this course isn't for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    gotta do what u gotta do, no point being unhappy at uni , why do u hate ur course-already?
    when u drop out you'll have a lot of free time so getting a job is a really good idea, youll also have time to think about what u really want to do-since this course isn't for you.
    It's just completely different to my expectations and it seems useless. I don't want to feel like a loser for dropping out but at the same time being in so much debt at the end of the three years with a pretty much useless degree is scary

ReputationRep:
    It's just completely different to my expectations and it seems useless. I don't want to feel like a loser for dropping out but at the same time being in so much debt at the end of the three years with a pretty much useless degree is scary
    if it seems useless speak with the guys on ur course, see what theyre planning to do after uni-maybe they'll change ur mind
    u wont feel like a loser trust me youll feel liberated sinec youre not liking it at the moment-remember u don't have to rush the decision

ReputationRep:
    what degree is it?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.