Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was referred to CAMHS for being hospitalised due to an Eating Disorder every
    person I've seen has spoken to me like I'm an alien or a statistic ! I hate whenever i
    try and disagree about something from my treatment plan or say things are going
    to quickly they say 'that's the ED talking' all they care about is me reaching my
    weight goal and I said I didn't want to be with them anymore they said well when
    you've reached your weight target you can go ! they are so friendly with my parents
    whenever I try and say something they do is not right or triggers me they just say
    that im being ungrateful as their so lovely ! And they tell my parents everything !!
    I even flagged that up with them and said cos im under 18 they have to even though I've read their confidentiality policy !I really want to drop them but no ones letting me and I feel so miserable whenever I come out of there and feel like I'm not anything to them and they treat me like a baby ! Does anyone know how to get out of them ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mila787)
    I was referred to CAMHS for being hospitalised due to an Eating Disorder every
    person I've seen has spoken to me like I'm an alien or a statistic ! I hate whenever i
    try and disagree about something from my treatment plan or say things are going
    to quickly they say 'that's the ED talking' all they care about is me reaching my
    weight goal and I said I didn't want to be with them anymore they said well when
    you've reached your weight target you can go ! they are so friendly with my parents
    whenever I try and say something they do is not right or triggers me they just say
    that im being ungrateful as their so lovely ! And they tell my parents everything !!
    I even flagged that up with them and said cos im under 18 they have to even though I've read their confidentiality policy !I really want to drop them but no ones letting me and I feel so miserable whenever I come out of there and feel like I'm not anything to them and they treat me like a baby ! Does anyone know how to get out of them ?!
    Because you're struggling with an ED, it's very unlikely CAMHS will just let you go, but you could speak to them about what is frustrating you. You could bring a list to the session and print off the confidentiality policy and outline to them where they're not following it - it's their job to adhere to that. It's only fair that they shouldn't patronise you, so try and ask to be more in control of your treatment, not your parents, and say you feel you're being treated like a child because you have an ED, and that's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know it's a bit late!

I didn't suffer from an ED however I was referred to CAMHS 3 times due to my severe anxiety and panic attacks. However the last time I walked out and said to my mum that I would never ever go back there again. They treated me like I was on another planet and blamed my issues on my mother and her illness which she couldn't help. This infuriated me. The last lady I saw told me that when I feel anxious (bare in mind this is all the time) that I should walk round saying 'shut the door' out loud when I had waves of anxiety. I personally felt insulted, if I done what she had told me to do I'd look like a lunatic. That was my final straw, she never wanted to find the root cause of all this, she wanted to pass the blame onto my family and give me absurd 'tips' that would help me become better. I went out of my appointment and sat in the car with my mum in absolute tears and told her not to make me go back. And she didn't. I have gotten better as I'm now in secondary school and have so much support from the school and my family.

I fully support starburstgirl, they are there to help you but not patronise you. Maybe also talk with your parents and express how you feel and hopefully try and get them in your corner! Wish you the best!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.