Turn on thread page Beta

RAF PRTC & BRTC Nov 2017 watch

ReputationRep:
    @Flintyboy I have got those same dates for entry, see you there next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomP2699)
    @Flintyboy I have got those same dates for entry, see you there next week.
    PM'ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotCatchingMe)
    My PRTC dates are the same as yours! But BRTC is 10th of January
    Sorry to just jump in but I've been looking for a thread like this for a while! I've got BRTC 10th January too but PRTC is 29th November. Just want to start already! Haha

ReputationRep:
    See my 2nd last post and PM if you want
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the same PRTC and BRTC as you.

ReputationRep:
    PM'ed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flintyboy)
    PM'ed
    Aiming to get an insight into PRTC if anyone can help from the ones who have recently been successful.

Any information on the Basic Key skills builder assessment (BKSB), academic level I.e. Is it GCSE C level lower/higher for maths & English and also Is it a pass or fail assessment? Types of questions on the assessment if you can remember.

On the fitness tests is it maximal or until you reach the required scores.

Finally if you already hold both certificates in functional skills are you exempt from the exams on prtc.

Any help & additional info much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashc90)
    Aiming to get an insight into PRTC if anyone can help from the ones who have recently been successful.

Any information on the Basic Key skills builder assessment (BKSB), academic level I.e. Is it GCSE C level lower/higher for maths & English and also Is it a pass or fail assessment? Types of questions on the assessment if you can remember.

On the fitness tests is it maximal or until you reach the required scores.

Finally if you already hold both certificates in functional skills are you exempt from the exams on prtc.

Any help & additional info much appreciated.
    Hi Rash,
    I'll pick this one up for you.

The BKSB starts with basic questions such as identifying a 20p piece from a selection of coins and slowly getting harder until I would say grade C in Maths. I would use BBC Bitesize to revision should you be worrying.

The fitness test is NOT maximum effort, I assume your a male of the common age group, if that is true you will have to run until 9.10. This is roughly 10m 30s. My advice would be get running as if you are one of the failures you do look stupid. After you complete your bleep test you then wait for everyone to finish. I had a 2 hour wait between my bleep and starting the sit up and push up tests, again not maximum effort. It's pretty easy if you just train. If you can run 2.4km in 10m 30s you'll pass with ease.

If you have and BRING your certificates with you then you will be exempt from FS tests. The RAF will take and retain these certificates until you complete Phase 2 training as these are needed for you apprenticeship you get enrolled on. You receive a receipt for these on the day.

Any other questions please feel free to DM me. I start basic training in January.

ReputationRep:
    Hello !!!Anyone got intake date for April 24/25 - Douglas Intake. Rai

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.