Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stranger Things Season 2 Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so what was Steve like last season? Cause this season 5 eps in Steve is legit my fave guy, but something about that seems off so last season were things different? I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    I really loved Season 2 but I didn't like it as much as Season 1. For me it just felt like the flow of it was a little bit off compared to last season I didn't like the fact that Mike was completely pushed to the side, it just felt a bit weird seeing as he was SUPER important last season. However, I will say that the one thing I LOVE about this season is Noah Scnapps performance. He is one talented kid and it makes me wish there was more of him last season also Steve is my hero and I love him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When Bob (Sean Astin) said "Did I ever tell you about Mr Baldo?". All I could hear was "did I ever tell you about Mr Frodo?". Nearly choked on my drink:laugh:

Really enjoying season 2 so far :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yess S1 was soo good!Can't wait what season 2 brings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Ok so what was Steve like last season? Cause this season 5 eps in Steve is legit my fave guy, but something about that seems off so last season were things different? I can't remember
    If I remember correctly, he was a bit of a douche - he's changed a lot this season.

ReputationRep:
    Man, episode 8 has me scared, teary-eyed, ecstatic and emotional. Now I have to watch the finale.

:emo: so said knowing I am going to have to wait another year for the next season..

ReputationRep:
    Loved it! Even better than the first season. I'm very excited to see what they're bringing next!

ReputationRep:
    Steve is the best character.

The fact that Nancy chose that useless Jonathon over him... disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Finished it. I want to be Steve. Being Steve is goals.
    Spoiler:
    Show

so is smashing Steve, no homo tho

ReputationRep:
    I watched both season 1 and 2 in less than 3 days, that can't be healthy lol. Season 2 is so different from season 1, season 1 was all supernatural and mysterious but the 2nd season is very alien-like.

(I hope) there's going to be a season 3 because they can't just leave us on a cliffhanger, also I could tell from the last few episodes that there was going to be another season as they didn't really correlate with the first few episodes.

Spoiler for ep 8 onwards:

Spoiler:
    Show

I can't believe Bob died, poor Joyce. Also I would've rather preferred Nancy to be with Steve imo, he seems like a better guy for her, although Jonathan is also cool.

My favourite character is still Nancy and I loved eleven with hair, also I wonder what will happen with Kali, I hope she returns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I guess he stopped being a bully after hanging out with Tommy and Carol, also I feel like HE didn't like Nancy so he didn't care about her anymore. Also Steve and Dustin was a friendship I never thought could happen haha.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebemallow)
    I really loved Season 2 but I didn't like it as much as Season 1. For me it just felt like the flow of it was a little bit off compared to last season I didn't like the fact that Mike was completely pushed to the side, it just felt a bit weird seeing as he was SUPER important last season. However, I will say that the one thing I LOVE about this season is Noah Scnapps performance. He is one talented kid and it makes me wish there was more of him last season also Steve is my hero and I love him.
    Completely agree - I really liked season 2 but it seemed more disjointed than S1. I don't think there was enough interaction between the core characters, and it felt like they were trying to mix up the character pairings.

(Original post by cosmicsnowflake)
    I watched both season 1 and 2 in less than 3 days, that can't be healthy lol. Season 2 is so different from season 1, season 1 was all supernatural and mysterious but the 2nd season is very alien-like.

(I hope) there's going to be a season 3 because they can't just leave us on a cliffhanger, also I could tell from the last few episodes that there was going to be another season as they didn't really correlate with the first few episodes.

Spoiler for ep 8 onwards:

Spoiler:
    Show

I can't believe Bob died, poor Joyce. Also I would've rather preferred Nancy to be with Steve imo, he seems like a better guy for her, although Jonathan is also cool.

My favourite character is still Nancy and I loved eleven with hair, also I wonder what will happen with Kali, I hope she returns.
    I added a spoiler into your post just in case people haven't watched the whole thing yet. It is SO sad though :cries:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Completely agree - I really liked season 2 but it seemed more disjointed than S1. I don't think there was enough interaction between the core characters, and it felt like they were trying to mix up the character pairings.

I added a spoiler into your post just in case people haven't watched the whole thing yet. It is SO sad though :cries:
    Oh, sorry, but yes, it is very sad. :c
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    I’m only up to episode 4 - which is telling in itself, as the first season had me so hooked I binge watched it all in one go. I just can’t get into this one as much - nothing seems to have really happened yet!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The only thing I didn't really get was the inclusion of Max and Billy. They didn't really contribute to the story in any way. Although I'm guessing they will have a bigger part to play next season.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Pray for Bob RIP

ReputationRep:
    My don Dustin secured that dance with Nancy.

Top 3 characters

Dustin
    Jim
    Steve

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I just realised all the characters whose names start with the letter B have died. Benny, Barb, Bob. Does this mean Billy is gonna die too?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I just realised all the characters whose names start with the letter B have died. Benny, Barb, Bob. Does this mean Billy is gonna die too?

😵😵😵😵😵😵

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I think Lost Boys wannabe Billy will have a redemption arc and will die saving Steve who he obviously has gay feelings for (and who could blame him)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.