BTEC Business Level 3 - designing a marketing campaign

Watch
bramblefoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently doing btec business Level 3 , and I will have an exam which involves having to develop a marketing campaign.
Beforehand however I have been given a different scenario to do as a practice, and I'm not sure if its me or the teaching, but I have no idea where to even start when it comes to the research I need to do as prep for the exam.

Does anyone know what I should be researching and where I should be looking in order to find this data?
Thank you in advance!
bramblefoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solbusiness)
Hey, To develop a marketing campaign there are a number of things that needs to be done. This unit is the easiest as you do not require any memorisation or learning to a big extent, its all about applying marketing knowledge. I can not teach you marketing over this platform however there is the BTEC book that goes into depth about this unit. BTEC Nationals Business Student Book 1 + Activebook: For the 2016 specifications on amazon. Once you have read through it becomes apparent the things that make up a rationale for a marketing campaign which includes:
Aims and Objectives
Type of market- Mass or Niche
Market segmentation
Unique selling point
Constraints
Influences on marketing activity:- Internal or External (PESTLE)
------ The above is everything they want you to research and know in order to develop the rationale. To develop rationale you need to:
Conduct primary and secondary research
Identify target markets
Identify size, structure and trends in the market
Identify competition
Write about the: reliability, validity, appropriateness, currency and cost of your rationale
Analyse data to make marketing decisions, Evaluate the reliability and validity of the information
Product life cycle
------- The above might look like a heavy workload however its very short, Takes approximately 6 hours or less to find every information.
Once you completed the above, you need to plan the marketing campaign
So for aim and objectives, you will need to form SMART Aims and Objectives
Form an outline of the marketing plan so this will include things like people required to achieve goals, deadlines, budget and how you will measure the success factors.
Situational Analysis to include SWOT and PESTLE
Target Market
Use extended marketing mix and its factors to outline what will influence customers to buy the products and services.
and finally how to monitor the campaigns milestones and evaluate the process of planning through questions. Appropriateness of marketing campaign- This is like the conclusion and justification to all the above and will include information about sustainability, legal and ethical considerations etc.

The specification for BTEC Business also includes an outline of everything related to the unit to help you begin the process of research and preparation. Everything i have mentioned is explained in depth on the BTEC book.
Hi there, thank you for your help, I still have to say though, that I have recieved unclear/mixed messages from a sample campaign I read from Pearson, and my teacher
What I still don’t completely get is how to split work between activity 1 - the rationale and activity 2- design a budgeted marketing campaign. I don’t know what I should be putting in each
bramblefoot
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solbusiness)
Sorry for the late response, If you want my advice, the teachers are not used to this new 2016 specification, ALWAYS refer to the Pearson specification. So basically activity 1 includes marketing aims and objectives, research data on the market and competition and justification for your rationale. Activity 2 contains a budgeted plan with timescale. To really know what you need to put into each, buy the 2016 BTEC book i listed and also look at the mark scheme to know what you need to write: (Skip to page 12)
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...g-Campaign.pdf
Ah thanks, That looks really helpful, I’ll take a look. Although what I can’t seem to make sense of, is what exactly is the justification of the rationale, I don’t know what it is telling me to do
skip per
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was just reading this, as i also have a marketing assignment coming up.
Just a few questions

What is a rationale?
Are there any sample question papers available online? with sample case-studies and answers

Thanks
Shadow2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go on a website called Stuvia and type Developing a marketing campaign. it has a Distinction Level template which helped me so much last year. your welcome
tara18x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Shadow2020)
Go on a website called Stuvia and type Developing a marketing campaign. it has a Distinction Level template which helped me so much last year. your welcome
have you got anyway of sharing it as I cannot access it without paying £25? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.57%
I don't have everything I need (93)
38.43%

Watched Threads