Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    So, TSR has beach balls now...

... and I wondered what your beach ball stories were?!

ReputationRep:
    Very vaguely remember playing with one at the beach.
    Maybe reading others will spark some memories.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)

At like 7 years old,
    I used to enjoy paddling in the shallows of the ocean whilst hitting these around, was so much fun and can only wish that I had the people to do it with again

ReputationRep:
    I remember playing volleyball in a busy swimming pool when I was young. I couldn't stand up...

ReputationRep:
    My memory of beach-balls isn't particularly wide ranging, nor far-reaching. As a kid. I invested in the magic of the bucket and spade and constructed many sandcastles.

I HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED OF SUCH OPPORTUNITY.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Beaches be like...
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I remember when I was at the beach, and I brought a beach ball from a hut nearby and it was my fave colour but then this little boy came up to me and he looked like he wanted it so I gave it to him I don't regret it though, he looked like he wanted it more and I didn't want to break his heart 😂✨

ReputationRep:

Mine is kinda a sad one.. my first experience of a beach ball wasn't even at the beach. It was at a swimming pool 😅

ReputationRep:
    Where can I get my very own official TSR beach ball?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Playing with a beachball with the lads. Somehow managed to miss and step onto it and did a half backflip with a bumpy landing. Still hurts thinking about that
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Beoing, Beoing

ReputationRep:
    My first beach ball memory.

A family holiday with loads of aunts and uncles and cousins when I was about 8 years old. But rather then play it at the beach, we were staying in a huge cottage next to stream that eventually went into the river severn. We used the stream as the 'net' and played over the stream on both banks. We played for about 2 hours, until the ball got into the stream never to be seen again. On the plus side, the image of 4 men who were, lets say, past their prime, running down the sides of the stream trying to get this beach ball is something that I wont forget in a long time

ReputationRep:
    My first beach ball was a barbie beach ball that deflated when i sat on it

ReputationRep:
    I was about six when I got a beach ball; I was so happy.

t was red and white. Very excited, I inflated it and took it out into the garden to try it out. A gust of wind caught it and it ended up in the rose bed - that was where it met its end. I was so deflated as was the beach ball
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I want one! Support Team beach ball game at results day next year ?
    I don't think I've actually ever played beach ball at a beach...although I have plenty of memories of doing it in an outdoor swimming pool from which you can see the beach if that counts? The thing about the swimming pool is that it constantly gets knocked out the pool which can get quite annoying as the game has to keep stopping (although using 3 balls at once can go some way to help with that one :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    Playing with my favourite one in the sea until I threw it a bit too far, passing it to my brother, and it drifted off.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think it was recently during a school christmas party in the classroom :P

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually seen a beach ball at the beach, only in the swimming pool. I think I even owned one once, but I'm not sure what happened to it. Yeah... I have no real memories of beach balls!

ReputationRep:
    Beachballs aren't a particularly big player in my life, they have never been. If someone were to ask me in a few hours what my biggest memory of beachballs was, I'd say the OP in this thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.