Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

never in my life had a beach ball

ReputationRep:
      When I got one as a freebie in a magazine when I was around 7, and then chucked it over the fence...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Captain Jack)
      So, TSR has beach balls now...

... and I wondered what your beach ball stories were?!
      when I was about six years old, we were on the beach in Ireland, and had been playing with our favourite beachball. put it down to go do something else, looked round, and saw it rolling down the beach towards the sea. my whole family stood their doing nothing, whilst i chased after it... my dad could probably have run faster than 6 year old me, but he didn't... anyway, I didn't manage to get the ball, and we watched it bobbing off towards a sailing ship, and my mum reassured me, "their kids will be happy for it". I wonder if my beachball is still bobbing around 12 years later...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      Beaches be like...
      Beaches love balls...
      • TSR Community Team
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sweetpeasw)
      when I was about six years old, we were on the beach in Ireland, and had been playing with our favourite beachball. put it down to go do something else, looked round, and saw it rolling down the beach towards the sea. my whole family stood their doing nothing, whilst i chased after it... my dad could probably have run faster than 6 year old me, but he didn't... anyway, I didn't manage to get the ball, and we watched it bobbing off towards a sailing ship, and my mum reassured me, "their kids will be happy for it". I wonder if my beachball is still bobbing around 12 years later...
      Imagine! Like Life of Pi crossed with Castaway... well, sorta. :lol:

ReputationRep:

When I was younger at the beach I used to walk around with a beach ball pushed to my stomach, and I'd pretend I was pregnant. Weird kid alert.

Also, there was the time I tried to swim to catch a beach ball and ended up swimming like the whole length of the beach trying to catch it... it was long lost to the wind. Goodbye, little ball.
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      I've never had a beach ball

ReputationRep:

The beach ball looks like it has a hand up inside of it, just saying.

Anyway, my first memory of a beach ball would be when I was about 10 and I was in my swimming pool with one. I threw it over the fence and because I live next to a petrol station it hit someone right on the top of the head. All of a sudden I hear shouting and I am just laughing my ass off in the pool trying not to be seen XD.
      • TSR Community Team
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by monkeyman0121)
      The beach ball looks like it has a hand up inside of it, just saying.
      :eek:
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      I've had beach balls, and I've been to beaches, but I've never had a beach ball at a beach :holmes:
      • TSR Community Team
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
      I've had beach balls, and I've been to beaches, but I've never had a beach ball at a beach :holmes:
      WOAH *mindblown*

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.