Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sixth form student applying for photography courses at university and I have started on my portfolio for the application. What I am not sure about is how it should be presented. I know I should have a digital/online version, which I will be doing soon, but for the interviews, a physical version is required.

- Should I be putting my photos in a sketchbook and using glue to stick them in?
    - How big should they be printed?
    - How much annotation will be needed?
    - Should I get them printed in a professional photo book?
    - Do I get a big photo album and slot the photos in the plastic sleeves?

Also, I spoke to someone at Sheffield Hallam University at an open day. She told me she would like to see the photos that i'm most proud of/most successful etc, printed bigger.

- Do I get those ones printed just as big photos? or do I get them printed onto a canvas/aluminium/acrylic etc?
    - How do i bring them in? A big plastic folder?

Someone please give me some advice! My sixth form is pretty much useless with this stuff. Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jaaaaaade)
    I'm a sixth form student applying for photography courses at university and I have started on my portfolio for the application. What I am not sure about is how it should be presented. I know I should have a digital/online version, which I will be doing soon, but for the interviews, a physical version is required.

- Should I be putting my photos in a sketchbook and using glue to stick them in?
    - How big should they be printed?
    - How much annotation will be needed?
    - Should I get them printed in a professional photo book?
    - Do I get a big photo album and slot the photos in the plastic sleeves?

Also, I spoke to someone at Sheffield Hallam University at an open day. She told me she would like to see the photos that i'm most proud of/most successful etc, printed bigger.

- Do I get those ones printed just as big photos? or do I get them printed onto a canvas/aluminium/acrylic etc?
    - How do i bring them in? A big plastic folder?

Someone please give me some advice! My sixth form is pretty much useless with this stuff. Thanks!
    Moved to Art and Design university courses

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.