Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What kind of job would you like to do but don't have a talent on that. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If they weren't haram then I'd want to be a successful actor or singer. I'm honestly good at acting ngl sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Singer
    or surgeon (don't have the brains for it)

ReputationRep:
    every career that my parents approve of

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of a software story i heard once, which i was assured was 100% true!! The software person had been working at a small start -up, but things weren't going very well, and he had decided to look for a job. He went out on a couple of job interviews, and on one of them, the interviewer remarked that "What we REALLY need is a 'Parsnip' programmer". [I can't recall the exact language that was mentioned, but it was something i had never heard of before or since. I had to look it up to make sure it WAS a programming language.] The candidate, thinking fast, came back with: "Why, i've been programming in Parsnip for over 2 years"! The interviewer, surprised, asked: "FINE!! Can you start Monday [3 days later]. The candidate said... "Errr, well i guess so...er, yeah!!" The programmer candidate stopped by a bookstore, and found two books on Parsnip. He bought them, and spent the weekend reading them. On Monday, he reported to his new job, and found that there was an all day meeting scheduled on the new Parsnip project. He sat there until the lunch break, totally lost, and wondering what language was being spoken. After lunch, they re-convened the meeting, and someone said: "Well, in Parsnip, you have to........ ". The candidate/fresh hire suddenly realised that this was in conflict with something he had read in those two books. He said, "Oh??? I thought it was xxxxxxyyyyy"!! A stunned silence followed, then several people said: "That's RIGHT!!!" Suddenly, the fresh hire WAS a Parsnip expert!! He said he read everything he could find on Parsnip for 2 years, and then he WAS an acknowledged Parsnip expert!! So don't think that just because you haven't heard of something before, that you cannot become an expert!! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Exploring the world......but ain't nobody gon pay jack **** money for me to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Professional BILLIONAIRE
    Spoiler:
    Show

But that's not a Job

ReputationRep:
    Gymnast lmao

😂 I just imagined myself in the leotard

Singer but don't know if I can sing
      Banker but don't want to look at a computer screen all day
      Actress but don't know if I can act and I'll probs over exaggerate
      Prime Minister...but what am I meant to do,to even get to that stage?
      F1 Female driver...is that going to happen?

(Original post by JDieMstr)
        Exploring the world......but ain't nobody gon pay jack **** money for me to do that.
        omg...same

ReputationRep:
        Despot.
        • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
        Red Panda keeper! I freaking love red pandas!

ReputationRep:
        teacher but I suck at talking

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tamil fever)
        omg...same
        Ever watch the "Globetrekker" series on telly? Gals are more popular on that for obvious reasons [who wants to look at a guy???]. I don't know how you get started, obviously you have to be photogenic, and open to travel/new experiences. Those most likely include sleeping in a cold tent in the rain, in a soaked sleeping bag. I've done that already, but i'm a guy, so i don't make the cut on the photogenic part. Able to hike up steep hillsides in the rain and snow also a requirement, and not put off by spiders, snakes, things that go bump in the night...etc. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
        A Pianist
        Actor
        Counsellor/Therapist

The last one might be able to be a reality but the first two are just for this question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.