Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I recently turned 18 and I have never been in a relationship. I was never unhappy about this until about 6 months ago. I go to an all girls school so meeting guys makes it that much harder. However I am out and about quite a bit for example, I go to the library, coffee shops and even use buses. I see quite a number of good looking guys on the streets and on the bus but I have never once been approached.I do seem them look at me sometimes and I look back with a friendly face but nothing ever happens. I just feel now that I am too ugly to ever be approached. I want a relationship or even just a guy friend so bad and it's making me really depressed.I'm going to uni next year but I don't how I will cope without knowing any guys for another whole year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Be slutty
    You'll get enough horny guys

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live?

I'll happily befriend you

ReputationRep:
    go to a pub/club, you'll have to fend the guys off with a club, and you'll get free drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    go to a pub/club, you'll have to fend the guys off with a club, and you'll get free drinks.
    Maybe I should do that haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Where do you live?

I'll happily befriend you
    Haha how nice of you

ReputationRep:
    Go out and have fun. Go to bars, clubs, parties etc. Or even if you join a sports club or go to the gym you’re likely to meet guys & who says a guy should approach the female, be confident and approach them. You never know what could happen.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ursulab1)
    I go to the library, coffee shops and even use buses

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpgdde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383 (1).jpg (61.8 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakey_99)
    This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. Yeah, I should probably get out more xD

ReputationRep:
    This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. Yeah, I should probably get out more xD
    Gave me a chuckle too, haha. Mind you, I can't really say I do anything much more exciting lol

ReputationRep:
    Gave me a chuckle too, haha. Mind you, I can't really say I do anything much more exciting lol
    I don't have much time to go out these days anyway sadly.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have much time to go out these days anyway sadly.
    On a more serious note, it really doesn't matter whatsoever that you haven't been in a relationship. Truthfully, they are a massive waste of one's time and they will not last. Time is anyone's most precious resource, and whether that's wasted on pointless relationship BS is up to the individual. When someone is "dumped", they are right back where they started before they were in a relationship, having achieved very little with the time and energy spent.

Anyway enough of my rant but hopefully you get the point that it really doesn't matter that you haven't been in a relationship. Maybe if you were in one then you wouldn't have gotten the AS levels/predicted grades you have now to go to uni (whatever one it is, hopefully it's one you're looking forward to go to).

Besides if you actively go out in freshers week, you'll probably find yourself in too many relationships lol

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note, it really doesn't matter whatsoever that you haven't been in a relationship. Truthfully, they are a massive waste of one's time and they will not last. Time is anyone's most precious resource, and whether that's wasted on pointless relationship BS is up to the individual. When someone is "dumped", they are right back where they started before they were in a relationship, having achieved very little with the time and energy spent.

Anyway enough of my rant but hopefully you get the point that it really doesn't matter that you haven't been in a relationship. Maybe if you were in one then you wouldn't have gotten the AS levels/predicted grades you have now to go to uni (whatever one it is, hopefully it's one you're looking forward to go to).

Besides if you actively go out in freshers week, you'll probably find yourself in too many relationships lol
    Now I don't even know if I want to be in a relationship after reading this. I do agree that dating at this age can be a bit pointless considering the majority of relationships do not seem to last more than 6 months.

I can see now there are more positives than I thought but nevertheless I need more guys in my life, spending time with girls all day everyday can be a bit draining. I will just have to wait until university to meet some guys I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Make the first move , guys are nervous too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you wear a Star Trek T-shirt and go to a Star Trek convention, there will be many geeky males who will court you, I reckon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.