Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GYG 2017: My Apple Tree: From 3s and 4s to 8s and 9s Watch

ReputationRep:
    "You're not good enough.
    "You will never succeed."
    "Stop revising there's no point, you're stupid anyway."
    "You, get a 9, come on you're in set 4!"
    "You're not even trying ffs!"

Those words aren't from my friends, not my family, not even my teachers. Self doubt is the worst kind of doubt and those words are from me.

My name is Faith and this is my GCSE journey from October 2018 to August 2018.

My grades are a little seeds at the moment, there getting there. Soon they'll be a apple tree. Year 9, I barely watered and natured my seeds. Year 10, I let them die. Year 11, its time to start growing again. This thread isn't for my benefit, its for you too. Even if your grades are just a seeds, or they're dead

You can grow them too
    lots of love, faith

Attachment 698514

ReputationRep:
    / / M O N D A Y 2 3 O C T O B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
    1 7 : 5 2 , K E N T

My first entry.
    Today was okay I guess. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and to the sound of my sister's electric toothbrush whriing in the background. I wanted to be lazy today and watch tv, but I knew I had to get stuff done. After all the hygiene and the breakfast, I got started straight away. I'm lying my room and desk was an absolute mess, I wish I could have a clean and organised room like those study gurus but I don't. I finally got my room and desk to the way I wanted. (see picture 1 and 2)

First, I started with some English. Slowly but surely, I will understand Macbeth. I enjoy the plot and the characters but the language constantly has me confused. However I decided to focus on the themes today, logic :/ Anyway, I started a poster yesterday and I finished it off today, I'm pretty proud of that if you ask me. (see picture 3)

After this, I believe, I had some lunch. My rice was soggy but it tasted alright. Then I started some Biology Revision. My October tests are on B5 and B6 this term so I decided, I would do some revision on them, I started on my B6 mindmap and I got it done in under 45 minutes. Pretty happy with that considering I had to summarise, I'm very bad at summarising, and I also made it look pretty (see picture 4)

And that was it.
    lots of love, faith.

C L O S E E N T R Y
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    your notes are stunning faith!!!!!!

all the best with y11, and i really do hope you smash your gcses xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, and thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
    I do too xx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithoshxo)
    "You're not good enough.

Those words aren't from my friends, not my family, not even my teachers. Self doubt is the worst kind of doubt and those words are from me.

My grades are a little seeds at the moment, there getting there. Soon they'll be a apple tree. Year 9, I barely watered and natured my seeds. Year 10, I let them die. Year 11, its time to start growing again. This thread isn't for my benefit, its for you too. Even if your grades are just a seeds, or they're dead

You can grow them too
    lots of love, faith

Awww this is amazing! I love the metaphor!
    Self doubt is the worst thing :hugs:
    Faith is a lovely name :heart:
    I'm very much looking forward to reading your journey!
    What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Awww this is amazing! I love the metaphor!
    Self doubt is the worst thing :hugs:
    Faith is a lovely name :heart:
    I'm very much looking forward to reading your journey!
    What subjects are you doing?
    Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it. I’m happy you’re following me on this journey too. I am taking...
    Maths (EDEXCEL)
    English (EDEXCEL)
    Biology (AQA)
    Chemistry (AQA)
    Physics (AQA)
    Religious Studies (WJEC)
    History (AQA)
    ICT (OCR)
    German (AQA)

I struggle a lot with the academic subjects so that will be the main focus of this blog really
    lots of love, faith
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it. I’m happy you’re following me on this journey too. I am taking...
    Maths (EDEXCEL)
    English (EDEXCEL)
    Biology (AQA)
    Chemistry (AQA)
    Physics (AQA)
    Religious Studies (WJEC)
    History (AQA)
    ICT (OCR)
    German (AQA)

I struggle a lot with the academic subjects so that will be the main focus of this blog really
    lots of love, faith
    Ooh interesting that your school has chosen Edexcel English, most people seem to do AQA.
    If you're ever stuck with maths, the maths forum has an amazing group of people who help people out in there with everything from KS3 right up to university level (although of course that won't be much use yet!)

ReputationRep:
    Maths (EDEXCEL)
    English (EDEXCEL)
    Biology (AQA)
    Chemistry (AQA)
    Physics (AQA)
    Religious Studies (WJEC)
    History (AQA)
    ICT (OCR)
    German (AQA)

lots of love, faith
    what’s edexcel english like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyapoundall02)
    what’s edexcel english like?
    Its not to bad tbh with you. I am more confident in English Literature, but English Language is really hard for me. I think its mainly due to the timing. I do enjoy the texts I'm doing tho, Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, and A Christmas Carol (love hate relationship with this book : / )

ReputationRep:
    Lol I started on set 4 for English and maths and science, predicted 44, 4 and CC then got 77, 8 and A*A and I got 9s in two of my maths and English papers.

I moved from set 4 to set 1 in maths and to set 2 in English then set 1 in science.

Ignore the self doubt, teachers and whatever. You can do it!!

ReputationRep:
    Its not to bad tbh with you. I am more confident in English Literature, but English Language is really hard for me. I think its mainly due to the timing. I do enjoy the texts I'm doing tho, Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, and A Christmas Carol (love hate relationship with this book : / )
    oh wow you have very similar texts to me!

ReputationRep:
    "You're not good enough.

You can grow them too
    lots of love, faith

Damn, this is the most inspirational thing I've ever read. Good luck; I know you'll get the grades you deserve!

ReputationRep:
    oh wow you have very similar texts to me!
    Thats amazing! well I’m always here for if you have any revision tips 😂 And the same for you to, I’m here to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by troubletracking)
    Damn, this is the most inspirational thing I've ever read. Good luck; I know you'll get the grades you deserve!
    Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it; hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Ooh interesting that your school has chosen Edexcel English, most people seem to do AQA.
    If you're ever stuck with maths, the maths forum has an amazing group of people who help people out in there with everything from KS3 right up to university level (although of course that won't be much use yet!)
    Thank you so much, I know it’s weird it’s a shame there’s not that much free revision guides online suited to EDEXCEL but AQA ones do help as-well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timif2)
    Lol I started on set 4 for English and maths and science, predicted 44, 4 and CC then got 77, 8 and A*A and I got 9s in two of my maths and English papers.

I moved from set 4 to set 1 in maths and to set 2 in English then set 1 in science.

Ignore the self doubt, teachers and whatever. You can do it!!
    Needed this! Thank you so much,and well done, your grades are amazing. You’ve inspired me lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thats amazing! well I’m always here for if you have any revision tips 😂 And the same for you to, I’m here to help
    ah thank you! you can check out my (terrible) gyg if you want

ReputationRep:
    ah thank you! you can check out my (terrible) gyg if you want
    I will do and I doubt its terrible

ReputationRep:
    / / W E D N E S D A Y 2 5 O C T O B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
    2 1 : 1 8 , K E N T

Today I went out today, finally. This half term has been me either (trying) to revise, me actually revising or spending time in my mum's office. So it was nice to actually see society for the first time in a long time.

It was a good day I went to watch the new film Geostorm. which was intense and I defintely recommend you go and watch it, it has an underling message which is really good (not sponsored but I wish I was , help a girl out would you muliti milionare producers.

But hey it was still good. I ate so much though so now I'm stuck full as hell and ready to go to bed. But I still wanted to post. My plan is to post every monday,wednesday and friday for this week, then next week change it up a bit and blog tuesday and thursday, I will switch it up at times, I don't like routine. Other than my fullness, today's been really good and I'm happy, which is also good lol. Hope you guys are happy to.

Good night everyone
    lots of love, faith

C L O S E E N T R Y

ReputationRep:
    / / W E D N E S D A Y 2 5 O C T O B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
    2 1 : 1 8 , K E N T

Today I went out today, finally. This half term has been me either (trying) to revise, me actually revising or spending time in my mum's office. So it was nice to actually see society for the first time in a long time.

It was a good day I went to watch the new film Geostorm. which was intense and I defintely recommend you go and watch it, it has an underling message which is really good (not sponsored but I wish I was , help a girl out would you muliti milionare producers.

But hey it was still good. I ate so much though so now I'm stuck full as hell and ready to go to bed. But I still wanted to post. My plan is to post every monday,wednesday and friday for this week, then next week change it up a bit and blog tuesday and thursday, I will switch it up at times, I don't like routine. Other than my fullness, today's been really good and I'm happy, which is also good lol. Hope you guys are happy to.

Good night everyone
    lots of love, faith

C L O S E E N T R Y
    Glad you had a good time Faith! P.S Obliterate your GCSEs

Submit reply
Updated: November 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.