Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gcse:2a* 1a 6b 2c

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    It really depends what course you want to apply for and what subjects your grades were in (they will probably be happy to ignore a C in GCSE Art, but not a C in Maths).

I did Biological Sciences and I know people on my course who have similar GCSE grades to you and Imperial no longer considers GCSE grades for Medicine (https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...cine/medicine/), so if you want to apply for either of those courses your GCSE results won't mean an automatic rejection. I'm sure your results would be fine for other courses at Imperial as well because they aren't bad at all, but for some of the more competitive courses like Chemical Engineering or Computing they need a way of choosing people and it may come down to GCSE results because all of the applicants are amazing.

Focus on your A Levels and see how things go. Imperial can ignore GCSE results, but only if your A Levels are what they need to be for the course you are interested in (A*AA for most courses).

ReputationRep:
    I want to do mathematics.Do Imperial look at gcses for maths??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomy345)
    I want to do mathematics.Do Imperial look at gcses for maths??
    It doesn't say anything on the website about it and I don't know anyone who is doing Maths, but it is one of the more popular options. From my experience of Imperial I would say you could stand a chance with your GCSEs (as long as the C grades aren't in any 'important' subjects like Maths or English).

The entry requirements is now a minimum of A*A*A (with the A*'s in Maths and Further Maths), so if you are predicted to get that and you have a good personal statement and you do well in the admissions tests, they may be able to forget about some GCSEs. If you are serious about applying then you can always send them an email to ask how you can improve your application and chances of being accepted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.