Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE help I'm really struggling in German, I'm am currently in Year 11 and I'm not even getting a passing grade (Grade 4) , could someone help me and give me some useful tips or websites. By the way, i use memrise for vocabulary. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 as well. To do well in German, you have to embrace the language. What I mean by that is you have to incorporate it into your life. This way you will find it much easier to use vocabulary in sentences and use grammar. For example, try to watch German shows and listen to German music. Also, translate German sentence spontaneously. For example, if you hear something random, think to yourself how you would say it in German. Lastly, if you have a friend who you are close to who also does German try to have conversations with them in just German. Hopefully from this your German will slowly but surely improve. One last tip: DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE FOR ASSIGNMENTS.

ReputationRep:
    Read

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.