The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Please do
Original post by Conniestitution
I got 998 in Maths, Lang and Lit respectively.

Maths: practise exam questions because once you understand topics then that’s the only thing that will help you improve.

Lang: I’ll DM you a massive paragraph of tips for English Language if you want. I did AQA and I only got a 5 at the end of Y10 and ended up with a 9. Let me know if you want the DM because I’ll need to go on my laptop to send it.

Lit: absolutely god knows how I got this grade, I was expecting a 6. Watch Mr Bruff’s analysis videos, they’re good. And memorise at least two poems! (I only did one and it didn’t fit the question given at all, so I ended up desperately wracking my brain for quotes from The Farmers Bride.)

Please do
Reply 62
Original post by Flower12321
Could you please dm me it too if you still use this?!

Hi could you DM me this too please thank you!
???
Original post by Yxovo
Hi could you DM me this too please thank you!
Reply 64
Could you email me this paragraph. Im on my 3rd resit.
Hey, I've started my end of year exams nd lang Is what I'm really struggling with atm. Is it possible if u could also dm me ur tips bc I really need help?
Original post by ItsTomii
I’d love if you’d DM me about the English Lang tips bc I’m really struggling with it :smile:

I know it's almost a whole year after you posted but do you still have that paragraph? Thanks

Maths: practise exam questions because once you understand topics then that’s the only thing that will help you improve.

Lang: I’ll DM you a massive paragraph of tips for English Language if you want. I did AQA and I only got a 5 at the end of Y10 and ended up with a 9. Let me know if you want the DM because I’ll need to go on my laptop to send it.

Lit: absolutely god knows how I got this grade, I was expecting a 6. Watch Mr Bruff’s analysis videos, they’re good. And memorise at least two poems! (I only did one and it didn’t fit the question given at all, so I ended up desperately wracking my brain for quotes from The Farmers Bride.)

Hi I know it’s almost a whole year later but I really do see your achievements as an inspiration and I’d really and truly appreciate it if you could possible spare me the time of sending me the paragraphs of tips please.
It would be much appreciated.
Sm9 it to subhan_1410 on Instagram plz

Can u am it to me as well plz
Can u DM me plz
Reply 71
would it be possible if you send me the paragraph for English language because i am in year 11 and really struggling
I got 9 in English ( both) and maths. Maths is the hardest one to get a 9 in imo cuz it requires far more work. The content isn't hard or difficult at gcbse, however the exams questions can get a bit tricky. For maths, try topic questions first, once you think you're confident in each topic, try past papers, specimen papers and sample papers. They are slightly harder, if you don't know how to do a question, as for help from a teacher or a smart friend. Also, try the 8-9 maths question online ( also the 8-9 gcse cgp book). English lit is easier imo, learn the books inside out (imo, you should know like 75 quotes for each book and 10 quotes minimum for each poem), then work on the way you structure your answers. Also, try improve your vocabulary by regularily searching up synonyms of common words. English language needs practice for the comprehension section, jus bang out pracitie questions and get you teacher to mark them. The writing section is a bit harder if writing doesn't come naturally to you ( it didn't for me), try learning multiple stories with completely different plots and adapt it to the titles in you exams.
Could you please DM me the English paragraph?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5744962 for english language / literature on how to get grade 9
I got an 8 in English Language and a 6 in Lit so I can't really talk about Lit (aside from linking back to the question after each P.E.E) but for English Language I just really scraped the bottom of the barrel for every little bit of implied narrative in the source.

As for the creative writing, write something pretentious and edgy about modern society and stay on topic with the stimulus, worked for me!
Original post by Flower12321
Could you please dm me it too if you still use this?!

Could you dm the eng lang tips to me please?
Original post by fadima2018

Hi, I don't really know how to use this quote thing but could you please send me a DM of the tips for English lang. Thank you!

Can you DM the paragraph to me too, Thanks!

I know its been a while, but could you DM me too?
Reply 79

Please can u send to me the massive paragraph for english language?

Latest

Trending

Trending