Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, got a dilemma.

I have already sent off my application for Law at Oxford, LSE, UCL and Leeds (I have got an offer from Leeds already yay!) I can still add a fifth but I am struggling.

I got 10A* at GCSE and an E in Add Maths because it was an extra and I didn't know I was doing the exam lol fml (lol bye bye Oxford)
    I got A at AS (90 UMS in AS Maths)
    Predicted: 4A* (an A* in EPQ to do with the Law)
    I think my PS is good.
    I think my LNAT MC went poorly but the essay was very very good so I dont know what to do.

I aim to work at a magic circle firm so Durham and KCL are both very good.

Durham dont seem to have a minimum score for LNAT so I feel like my chances are better but my heart says KCL (all those internship opportunities on the doorstep and London is so vibrant). Durham ranks highly but it just seems a bit.. i dont know the word

But then Kings want a minimum of 20 and dont look at the essay !

Help? I know both are good but I work so hard at school and I am very passionate about studying at a good university.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    thoughts
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gotaquestion)
    Hey guys, got a dilemma.

I have already sent off my application for Law at Oxford, LSE, UCL and Leeds (I have got an offer from Leeds already yay!) I can still add a fifth but I am struggling.

I got 10A* at GCSE and an E in Add Maths because it was an extra and I didn't know I was doing the exam lol fml (lol bye bye Oxford)
    I got A at AS (90 UMS in AS Maths)
    Predicted: 4A* (an A* in EPQ to do with the Law)
    I think my PS is good.
    I think my LNAT MC went poorly but the essay was very very good so I dont know what to do.

I aim to work at a magic circle firm so Durham and KCL are both very good.

Durham dont seem to have a minimum score for LNAT so I feel like my chances are better but my heart says KCL (all those internship opportunities on the doorstep and London is so vibrant). Durham ranks highly but it just seems a bit.. i dont know the word

But then Kings want a minimum of 20 and dont look at the essay !

Help? I know both are good but I work so hard at school and I am very passionate about studying at a good university.
    Think carefully about what type of living environment you might prefer. Durham couldn’t get much different than KCL in terms of campus experience.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Either will stand you in good stead career-wise, and will be visited by the best law firms. Legal internship opportunities will be in your holidays anyway.

So go to whichever you liked better and feel you will enjoy for the three years of your degree. Look at accommodation, travel time, clubs and societies, that may break the tie.

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to universities like those it doesn’t matter which you go to, they’re both highly respected and offer huge opportunities. It’s more about the experience YOU want, so only you can decide. Life in London is very different to life in Durham, which of those would you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    What's the frigging question, man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    When it comes to universities like those it doesn’t matter which you go to, they’re both highly respected and offer huge opportunities. It’s more about the experience YOU want, so only you can decide. Life in London is very different to life in Durham, which of those would you prefer?
    I have only visited London but I think that is the kinda vibe I like.

I just think I am more likely to get a Durham offer due to LNAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    What's the frigging question, man?
    If you were in my position which would u pick

ReputationRep:
    If you were in my position which would u pick
    You ever been to Durham, bud? If you're looking for vibrancy, you might want to avoid this small town called Durham surrounded by dilapidated coal villages and council houses. But the collegiate atmosphere gives the place a high degree of dynamism. Always summit to do, whether that be rowing or with your rich cronies, killing a homeless man and trying to get away with it. Plus, if you like trees, not a bad place at all.

ReputationRep:
    I have only visited London but I think that is the kinda vibe I like.

I just think I am more likely to get a Durham offer due to LNAT
    if you prefer KCL over Durham but still like Durham and only get an offer from them I guess you don’t really have a choice… if you don’t like Durham at all and your heart is strongly set on KCL then it’s a question of if you want to reapply next year… I’d say wait till your offers come in and decide from there.

I’m applying to both KCL and Durham and if I get an offer from both I’ll be in the same boat, if I get an offer from just one of them… that makes the decision process 100x easier

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna bore yourself to death, go to Durham. It may be a respected university, but do you really want to spend three years of your life having nothing to do and thinking, 'what if I had gone to King's'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.