Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend of 2 years went to uni and broke up with me within a month Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It’s not like we had any drama though, I was confident in the relationship and had the utmost amount of trust and gave him all the space in the world over the first 2 weeks, I was very understanding and he used my supported when he originally struggled to settle in so was all very sudden
    But srsly, did you want it to last forever? Did you see yourselves getting married? If not, it had to end sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Vile, disgusting er.....not not really.

I feel this mate of yours should start a gofundme for being a legend. I, for one would contribute.
    Good one. Alternatively we could do a gofundme for your having **** craic.

No, not really a legend. More like a privileged southern softie who was more interested in impressing his friends at home than following his heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Good one. Alternatively we could do a gofundme for your having **** craic.

No, not really a legend. More like a privileged southern softie who was more interested in impressing his friends at home than following his heart.
    If he follows his heart, he'll need that gofundme to buy a premium quality fedora.

ReputationRep:
    Girl, don't go back to him.

If he asks for you back for sure don't go running back to him. Not even gonna lie but he showed his true colours by sleeping with this girl within 3 days of you two breaking up, and that's not even at least week. Sooo he may not have really been fully in with the whole relationship in the first place even though it may have seemed like it on the surface.

Trust, it does hurt when you lose someone whom you loved however as everyone has been saying you do need to pick yourself up, take one step at a time and go through each day. At this moment in time you most likely have bigger things to worry about and your ex's petty action is messing with your head. Try to occupy your time with things you enjoy doing which usually does help with getting over a break-up.
    • Very Important Poster

Spoiler:
    Show

Basically we were ridiculously close before he went. He promised me he loved me and that whatever happened he would try his hardest to make it work. He invited me up during freshers and we were fine and then basically a girl told him she liked him and then within a week we had broken up. He says his heads a mess and that it’s not about the freedom of being able to get with other people but he also says he misses me and wants me in his life but won’t get back together with me so surely it must be about the girls? The girl who said she liked him looks exactly like me and is in his flat and he slept with her 3 days after we broke up. What do I do now? I feel broken and destroyed because I still love him

These things and you will be in shock for a while.

Now you can learn the lessons. People often talk a lot of crap and they can be unreliable.

Dont forget the person you are getting upset over is not the person you thought he was. the best advice to get over is simply to have a cry for a week, then cut him off from all social media , phone etc an get on with no contact.

Dumping by text is cowardly and disrespectful. It happens a lot though because he is there and has opportunity. If they slept together after only three days, then that shows you the real strength of your relationship.

Do not communicate with him and dont listen to excuses that will just make you feel worse and let him offload any guilt. You can find better. Your priority should be doing well in your A levels. You will find someone else and a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    If he follows his heart, he'll need that gofundme to buy a premium quality fedora.
    And now he's following it up with that A-game fedora material. This day just gets better.

But srsly, did you want it to last forever? Did you see yourselves getting married? If not, it had to end sometime.
    Yeah I did actually, he was my best friend for 2 years we got on so well and had so much in common and did everything together so it hurts more I guess

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did actually, he was my best friend for 2 years we got on so well and had so much in common and did everything together so it hurts more I guess
    Clearly not as much in common as you thought.

It's harsh, but you got to move on. He didn't want to be with you forever, so that's the end of it really. It'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    It’s not like we had any drama though, I was confident in the relationship and had the utmost amount of trust and gave him all the space in the world over the first 2 weeks, I was very understanding and he used my supported when he originally struggled to settle in so was all very sudden

Sounds exactly like my most recent relationship. You've got to now think, you know what he's proven himself to not be the one by his current actions of breaking up with you for selfish reasons. You sound like a dream girlfriend who'll make a deserving man very happy one day

ReputationRep:
    People change when they go to uni and often that leads to break ups. It doesn't really matter whether it's about that girl specifically, wanting to sleep around or what. Few relationships survive going long distance at uni. Just try and focus on moving on rather than asking why.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.