Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does light denim look feminine on men? (skinny aswell) Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are peoples opinions on the shade of blue jean for men?

I want to look like a young man not a boy and want a casual / smart casual look.

Also what are peoples opinions on skinny jeans for men? I have some that are tight, and some that are too loose. I'm considering ridding of all my jeans or going to see a tailor.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny jeans on men
    NAHHHH FAM
    Mans shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans just get some decent ones that are inbetween loose and tight fit.
    Recommend Hugo or Armani

ReputationRep:
    If you're skinny or fat skinny jeans look best, light blue denim is ok but avoid plain light blue, make sure it's got rips or other features. If you're muscular avoid skinny jeans and opt for track suit bottoms, the 'skinny' variety, dri-fit or whatever, they're more in fashion now than skinny jeans anyway but unsuitable for more formal occasions.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how it fits

ReputationRep:
    See I have some light shade as well as black skinnies, I look in the mirror and can see the outline of my leg all the way up to mid-top thigh. (feminine)

Also got some levis which are hand me downs from my brother. They are plain and in a medium blue, bit long a ever so slightly loose. Should I tailor them or sell them and get some new ones? When I wear them I feel like I look like my dad.

(Original post by Jigsaws mum)
    Skinny jeans on men
    NAHHHH FAM
    Mans shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans just get some decent ones that are inbetween loose and tight fit.
    Recommend Hugo or Armani
    (Original post by Rey Felipe)
    If you're skinny or fat skinny jeans look best, light blue denim is ok but avoid plain light blue, make sure it's got rips or other features. If you're muscular avoid skinny jeans and opt for track suit bottoms, the 'skinny' variety, dri-fit or whatever, they're more in fashion now than skinny jeans anyway but unsuitable for more formal occasions.
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Depends on how it fits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Pig)
    See I have some light shade as well as black skinnies, I look in the mirror and can see the outline of my leg all the way up to mid-top thigh. (feminine)

Also got some levis which are hand me downs from my brother. They are plain and in a medium blue, bit long a ever so slightly loose. Should I tailor them or sell them and get some new ones? When I wear them I feel like I look like my dad.
    Yeah I meant its usually not the colour that makes jeans look "feminine" although if you are really confident you can just wear "feminine" looking jeans anyway . If your levis are long as in long vertically then you can just fold the bottom (do a neat fold tho). Actually, idk feminine is mostly when its tight on the calves and ankle.

Blackjeans sometimes you can get away with being too tight, tbh I would say buy a slim fit pair, and then eventually if you have some meat on your legs eventually the skinnies will fit you well (thats what happend with me I had so many jeans I could never imagine fitting in then over a year naturally slimmed down on my legs ).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.