The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing Online Admission Test at Imperial

Hey, how did everyone else do who had to sit the Imperial Computing Online Admissions Test today?

I got an email a few days ago saying that I would have 24 hours to complete the test on this day, and I've just finished it.

I found the programming questions very easy, but struggled with the Maths ones and only got 5.29/8... How about everyone else? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I only just got the email today for my test which will be on thursday! You say you struggled with the maths question? What level were they? C1,C2,C3..etc?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
What were the programming ones like?? what did they consist of? I have my test to do soon. Do they tell you the score after?
(edited 6 years ago)
I also just received an email
Reply 4
Original post by k92e67
What were the programming ones like?? what did they consist of? I have my test to do soon. Do they tell you the score after?

I have the same questions. Somebody, please answer
Stuff like they'd give you a bit of code and make you track how the variables change throughout the program. And you can view your score after you've done it by going to the results tab.
Original post by Acrylami
Hey, how did everyone else do who had to sit the Imperial Computing Online Admissions Test today?

I got an email a few days ago saying that I would have 24 hours to complete the test on this day, and I've just finished it.

I found the programming questions very easy, but struggled with the Maths ones and only got 5.29/8... How about everyone else? :smile:

Same I found the maths really challenging - did you get the circle and sequence questions? I just got so lost!!
Reply 7
do the programming questions require any previous knowledge of programming?
(edited 6 years ago)
not at all - tbh you can't really revise or prepare for any of the questions! They're all just logic
Reply 9
Was it timed? And if so, how long did it take?
I don't know about "just logic"... Definitely A level maths involved for a couple of them.
Did the questions require pen and paper, also do you have to show working?
Was it a logical paper or did it require any prior formula preparation or something like that.
Reply 13
Yeah..I just gave mine. Apparently questions are random as me and my friend just got a couple same questions... For those who haven't given it
Focus on Differentiation, Differential Equations, Basic Integration(Partial Fractions and all). Along with this, just get your concepts on stacks, queues and binary trees right..they indirectly help with the logic questions. Also, can someone discuss the circle and sequences with me... I'm worried AF..
Anyways best of luck to all you guys and I hope to see you all at Imperial!
Circle and sequences? Like the equation of a circle and progressions?
Reply 15
Original post by dhruvakonidena
Circle and sequences? Like the equation of a circle and progressions?

Yeah...
Was it timed
Original post by Acrylami

i thought there were only 8 questions and they're all multiple choice so how can u get .29...? thanks
Original post by AbirHBK
Yeah..I just gave mine. Apparently questions are random as me and my friend just got a couple same questions... For those who haven't given it
Focus on Differentiation, Differential Equations, Basic Integration(Partial Fractions and all). Along with this, just get your concepts on stacks, queues and binary trees right..they indirectly help with the logic questions. Also, can someone discuss the circle and sequences with me... I'm worried AF..
Anyways best of luck to all you guys and I hope to see you all at Imperial!

are there lots of parts within each question or just 8 multiple choice questions. Also are there any ways to show our working out? thanks
I don't know why but I'm getting so nervous about this test!:s-smilie:

Latest