The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I'm so nervous for the test. I haven't got a link for it yet, but I had an imperial STEP offer a couple years ago(before they had the online test) and utterly failed the STEP. I've been doing well on MAT questions and I'm quite good at discrete math/proofs, but I haven't done much continuous math in years. I can do all the math on the computer science portion of the MAT, but I doubt I can still do integration by parts or differential equations. Some of y'all seem to be getting mostly logic questions, which I'd be fine with, but if I get integration by parts I'm gonna be doomed.

Edit: Looked at the C1 and C2 syllabi. Looks like there's nothing with differential equations or integration by parts in there. If they stick to C1 and C2, this should be really easy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by annzabelle
I'm so nervous for the test. I haven't got a link for it yet, but I had an imperial STEP offer a couple years ago(before they had the online test) and utterly failed the STEP. I've been doing well on MAT questions and I'm quite good at discrete math/proofs, but I haven't done much continuous math in years. I can do all the math on the computer science portion of the MAT, but I doubt I can still do integration by parts or differential equations. Some of y'all seem to be getting mostly logic questions, which I'd be fine with, but if I get integration by parts I'm gonna be doomed.

Edit: Looked at the C1 and C2 syllabi. Looks like there's nothing with differential equations or integration by parts in there. If they stick to C1 and C2, this should be really easy.

Are you recieving the test tomorrow as well
Original post by PickleRic

Nope. I sent in my application on october 12th and haven't heard back yet about the test. I think I'll probably be asked to take it, as I got an imperial computing offer a couple years ago, though I missed the STEP portion.

I'm doing it tomorrow
Original post by igot99problems
I'm doing it tomorrow

are you doing the joint degree in maths and computing or just pure comouting?
are you doing the joint degree in maths and computing or just pure comouting?

pure computing - u?
Original post by igot99problems
pure computing - u?

Maths and computing
Reply 27
Anyone done with the test?
guys, how was it?
I have not taken it yet. Can you see your grade after ?
Just did the test .
Original post by Questions1729
Just did the test .

How did u find it?
I found 2 of the questions a bit hard :/
Original post by AndyLai9879
I found 2 of the questions a bit hard :/

which two?
Original post by Obsessed_with_Ox
I have not taken it yet. Can you see your grade after ?

You cannot
Reply 35
Original post by Acrylami
Hey, how did everyone else do who had to sit the Imperial Computing Online Admissions Test today?

I got an email a few days ago saying that I would have 24 hours to complete the test on this day, and I've just finished it.

I found the programming questions very easy, but struggled with the Maths ones and only got 5.29/8... How about everyone else? :smile:

Hey how did you find out about your score ? :smile:
Original post by chen881020
which two?

The one with the weird bracket thingy (I've never seen that sign before) and the other one was the staircase one (I have no idea if I did it right)

EDIT : Oh ya how did you find your score @Acrylami
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Gabi06
Hey how did you find out about your score ? :smile:

want to know as well
Reply 38
I think I’ll do the test in about 30min... also curious as to how that guy found his score
I am gonna have to do this test too - in a few hours. I still don't know what to study for it.

People who have done this already:
1) What do I need to know for this test (as in what to revise) ?
2) Can I do the practice test first and then do real one after a few hours or do I have to do practise and real back to back ?
3) Is it multiple choice / print - fill - scan / type up ?
4) What if my internet disconnects ?

Latest

Trending

Trending