Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a foreigner my opinions about Brexit Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvinmurrey)
    because the Nobel prize is truly an accurate estimation of the most prized and beneficial members of society - thank you for reminding me, I almost forgot
    Yes, it is. Unless you have a better way to know them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvinmurrey)
    Again, you're putting words into my mouth. I didn't say that non-Western civilization deserved ALL the credit. But similarly, to say that Western civilization does when like you said, advancements at that time were interlinked and always a product of some prior discovery or step towards discovery is horribly limited. And sure, Ancient Egypt and modern Egypt are not similar in many ways but how does that pose a justifiable reason to disregard an entire nation's contribution to progression?
    The contribution of ancient Egypt to our modern knowledge is extremely limited. The overwhelming part of what we know has been discovered in the last decades, and the overwhelming part of that has been made in the West (if you count Japan in the West). It is changing now with the rise of China though.

De Solla Price famously said "80 percent to 90 percent of the scientists who ever lived are alive now".

ReputationRep:
    What country are you from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.