Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like to apply to study for a Masters degree however an UG degree transcript is required. I contacted my university (graduated in 2001) but they said a transcript is not available. I do remember receiving my results scribbled on a piece of paper! I do of course have my degree certificate. Do you think this would be accepted in place of the transcript? I got a 2:1 in a similar subject to the Masters I'd like to do. Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 51ducklings)
    Hi, I would like to apply to study for a Masters degree however an UG degree transcript is required. I contacted my university (graduated in 2001) but they said a transcript is not available. I do remember receiving my results scribbled on a piece of paper! I do of course have my degree certificate. Do you think this would be accepted in place of the transcript? I got a 2:1 in a similar subject to the Masters I'd like to do. Thanks!
    Are you sure you asked the right place in your UG Uni, because it's quite strange for them not to have a transcript for a course done in 2001? I applied for a PG course in 2003 and contacted the uni I graduated from in 1988 and they were able to send a transcript straight away ie transcripts are something a uni should have from way back. A degree certificate almost certainly won't cut it, but you can ask your applying Uni what they would do in the face of no transcript being available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Are you sure you asked the right place in your UG Uni, because it's quite strange for them not to have a transcript for a course done in 2001? I applied for a PG course in 2003 and contacted the uni I graduated from in 1988 and they were able to send a transcript straight away ie transcripts are something a uni should have from way back. A degree certificate almost certainly won't cut it, but you can ask your applying Uni what they would do in the face of no transcript being available.
    Thanks, yes I went to the correct place but there really is no transcript available. It's a really good uni too, so I was surprised. I do have a few feedback sheets with grades from some third year essays, I suppose these might help!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 51ducklings)
    Thanks, yes I went to the correct place but there really is no transcript available. It's a really good uni too, so I was surprised. I do have a few feedback sheets with grades from some third year essays, I suppose these might help!
    Hmm, then I'd contact the uni you are applying to and ask what you should do, and if they have any experience of previous applications from this uni not being able to provide a transcript. To be honest, it's a pretty fundamental request - getting a transcript from a uni is the thing that shows you really did get the degree, the degree certificate is not usually accepted as the definitive document.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.