Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm currently in year 11 and i love chemistry but unsure if i should take it at a level.
    I love all of the topics however i have no natural ability in science and i'm only doing double science. I have heard its difficult and not particularly enjoyable but if i love it and willing to work hard could i do it. I'm currently predicted two 6s for science but if i work hard i could surpass it. Can you please give me your experiences of the subject? Do you think i should take it? Any tips if i do tai it? Thank you for reading

ReputationRep:
    if you enjoy the subject- go for it! i've heard it's a difficult subject but if you enjoy it it'll make learning it a lot easier

ReputationRep:
    yeah do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annonomus)
    Hello I'm currently in year 11 and i love chemistry but unsure if i should take it at a level.
    I love all of the topics however i have no natural ability in science and i'm only doing double science. I have heard its difficult and not particularly enjoyable but if i love it and willing to work hard could i do it. I'm currently predicted two 6s for science but if i work hard i could surpass it. Can you please give me your experiences of the subject? Do you think i should take it? Any tips if i do tai it? Thank you for reading
    I'd say go for it but if you only achieve 6s, you might find it to be a bit too difficult. If you get 7s, you'll probably be fine, especially if you learn the extra triple science stuff over the holidays before A levels.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in triple science chem at GCSE (100%) and now do it for A Level. It’s extremely hard and I’m only getting A’s - sometimes A*s - which may sound good but not good for my standards. It involves a lot, and I mean a lot, of hard work, so if you’re prepared for that, then go ahead!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy it and think you can handle the amounts of hard work, do it but if you are having second thoughts I suggest just doing applied science. The college I want to go to does that and A level, one of the teachers said if you're having doubts do the applied science as that is still really good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in y12 and I've just started A level chemistry. From what I've seen so for it's really quite maths based, with a lot of equations (with one of my teachers it's all we do) but it isn't too hard to grasp and it's just putting numbers into equations really as long as you learn them. I wouldn't worry too much about not being in triple, there are people in my class who did double and they're not disadvantaged because my teachers take everything back to basics. It might be a good idea to do a little bit over the summer but don't worry about covering everything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it rn and i like it, you always hear about chemistry being the hardest A level, but if i did something else that i'm not interested in and motivated in i'm sure i would do much worse. If you can put the effort it in you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I did triple science and got A*s in all of them. Chemistry at the moment is definitely a step up but I enjoy it once I get past the initial panic of ‘what on earth is happening in the lesson’
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do it I loved Chem even if I didn't get the best grade. It was all down to silly mistakes in the end. But if you're committed and you have a real passion for it go for it!!! Begin to work hard and I mean HARD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.