Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I feel like I've wasted my life when I'm only 18 Watch

I was never the popular person in school. I was quiet and reserved but still had a great group of friends and enjoyed school in general. However, we never went out on the weekends or half term so I never really had a social life outside of school. Before I started sixth form I'd hope it would get better but things are still the same, really. I always feel like I'm missing out because on Facebook and Snapchat there's people my age going out every weekend and they look like they're having the time of their lives and I've never really had that? I spend most of my time reading, writing and revising and I just feel like I'm wasting my youth. This probably sounds really stupid but it's starting to get me down

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I’m in a similar situation in that I don’t have a group and tend just dip in and out of 3/4, so no group considers me friends enough to do things outside of school, I’ve got a few good friends but never really do much with them. I don’t drink either so am not invited to any big parties etc. I get a different wrap to the other kids as well because I’m head boy and sometimes I feel like they take the mick and see me as staff now, joking saying ‘sir’ when they see me etc. I don’t mind that, it’s quite funny really.

At least you’re working hard and studying, I need to do more of that.

I’m alsways told that I will come into my element at Uni and that I’ll me more people that I can properly get along with and do stuff with.

I’m thinking uni will be my place, I’m going to London a big city as well hopefully so should hopefully have much more social things etc there!

Hope this helps. Max

ReputationRep:
    uni is the place to do it... forget school...uni changes u.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.