Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParkJiSung777)
    Hi guys, I'm Sam, an American junior who wants to apply to Oxford next year. Can you give me any of your experiences applying? Was there anything different than applying via the Common App? Also, can someone see if my scores are good enough for Oxford? Right now I have a 1570 SAT and 3 5's on AP World History, AP English Language, and AP Human Geography. I want to apply for PPE. Thanks!
    Yeah, let me know via PM if you want to talk! I’m pretty busy finishing my Harvard application but after Thursday I’ll be able to talk to you regarding this whole shebang
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    H!

I'm Caleb (from NYC)—and I've applied for PPE at Merton (Although I also applied to Edinburgh (got an offer), Nottingham, and LSE). I've taken the ACT, a few AP's, and 2 Subject tests, and then I have my TSA (Oxford test) on Thursday—I'm rather scared about it.

ReputationRep:
    Molly, if the CAT is similar to the TSA, it should start at around 9AM—has your school become a center?

(Original post by mbg18)
    Hi! I'm Molly from NYC and I'm applying for Classics at Merton. I took the SAT and 4 Subject Tests. I'm also applying to Durham, Exeter, Birmingham, and Nottingham (already got an offer!). I'm terrified for the CAT (my admissions test). Do you guys know what time the tests are? 8am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucrosus)
    H!

I'm Caleb (from NYC)—and I've applied for PPE at Merton (Although I also applied to Edinburgh (got an offer), Nottingham, and LSE). I've taken the ACT, a few AP's, and 2 Subject tests, and then I have my TSA (Oxford test) on Thursday—I'm rather scared about it.
    I got an offer from Edinburgh too! What course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    PPE
    (Original post by ricardoricardo)
    I got an offer from Edinburgh too! What course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Molly, if the CAT is similar to the TSA, it should start at around 9AM—has your school become a center?
    Thanks! My school wouldn't become a center, but they got me a seat at a nearby school. Sort of annoying, but at least I can take the test. Is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbg18)
    Thanks! My school wouldn't become a center, but they got me a seat at a nearby school. Sort of annoying, but at least I can take the test. Is yours?
    Yeah mine got approved last minute luckily. When’s the CAT?

ReputationRep:
    PPE
    Nice; I got one for Econ and Economic History. Best of luck on the TSA!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck on your exams today guys!

ReputationRep:
    My son is a senior at a public HS in Ohio. He's applying for History. Allocated to Mansfield College. Took the HAT exam yesterday and felt good about it. He's got an unconditional offer already from Exeter and is waiting to hear from Edinburgh, Durham, and York.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Just dropping in to remind you guys about the rules for discussing the tests- MAT is OK'd- everything else no discussion on specifics until the 24th- See this thread:https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4934792 for the rules

ReputationRep:
    PPE
    I've just got an offer from them as well (but for English)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkusa91)
    I've just got an offer from them as well (but for English)
    Merton?

ReputationRep:
    Merton?
    nope Edinburgh -- I applied to New at Oxford

ReputationRep:
    nope Edinburgh -- I applied to New at Oxford
    Ahh I see. What did you think about the ELAT?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see. What did you think about the ELAT?
    I don't think it was the worst thing I've ever written, but it definitely could've been better. I'm just praying it wasn't too repetitive and that I wrote down which passages I used

how was the TSA?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it was the worst thing I've ever written, but it definitely could've been better. I'm just praying it wasn't too repetitive and that I wrote down which passages I used

how was the TSA?
    It was definitely a difficult exam, but it was still manageable. However, I was sick the day of and it really messed with my concentration so I hope it didn’t hurt me too bad.

And I’m sure you did great on the ELAT—oftentimes—at least according to my english teacher, feeling like you were too repetitive on an exam meant you were just repetitive enough.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,

I'm applying to Hertford to do English. Originally, I'm from California, but right now I'm at Durham Uni doing my first year. I know a lot of you are also applying to Durham so if you have any questions about the uni or living/studying in the UK I'm happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely a difficult exam, but it was still manageable. However, I was sick the day of and it really messed with my concentration so I hope it didn’t hurt me too bad.

And I’m sure you did great on the ELAT—oftentimes—at least according to my english teacher, feeling like you were too repetitive on an exam meant you were just repetitive enough.
    Thanks I hope so! And ugh that sucks that you were sick, but I bet you did well (especially if you found such a hard test manageable)!!

ReputationRep:
    Post here if/when you get shortlisted to interview.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.