Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to apply for university in Germany before getting A Level Results? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I know I'm a few years off applying to uni at the moment, but I was just discussing with my friends today about the possibility of studying in Germany. However, I found out the cut off date for application is generally in July, and a level results don't come out until August. German universities need to know your results in order for you to apply which is obviously impossible. Does anyone know how you would go about applying?
    Also I know you could apply for the other semester, but that's not possible for subjects such as medicine.
    Cheers 😃
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yQUOTE=jw131001;74235362]Hi.

I know I'm a few years off applying to uni at the moment, but I was just discussing with my friends today about the possibility of studying in Germany. However, I found out the cut off date for application is generally in July, and a level results don't come out until August. German universities need to know your results in order for you to apply which is obviously impossible. Does anyone know how you would go about applying?
    Also I know you could apply for the other semester, but that's not possible for subjects such as medicine.
    Cheers 😃[/QUOTE]

This is something I'd like to know as well. I'm wanting to study German and Spanish abroad (Germany or Spain), however, I have no idea where to find information about it. I am planning on taking a gap year so this will help. Also, I know it's not Germany, but I was looking at Nottingham University in China, its connected to the one in the UK and you can study languages etc! looked cool.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by jw131001)
    Hi.

Cheers 😃
    (Original post by Fleur-Jade)
    yQUOTE=jw131001;74235362]Hi.

Cheers 😃
    This is something I'd like to know as well. I'm wanting to study German and Spanish abroad (Germany or Spain), however, I have no idea where to find information about it. I am planning on taking a gap year so this will help. Also, I know it's not Germany, but I was looking at Nottingham University in China, its connected to the one in the UK and you can study languages etc! looked cool.[/QUOTE]

I am planning on creating a guide on Studying in Germany as soon as possible if there is sufficient demand.

Generally speaking, German universities would prefer/require an applicant to apply post-results. In fact, in some cases they might also require you to do a year of pre-university (Studienkolleg) because the German government doesn't think it's fair that foreign students can enter university a year earlier compared to German students who usually enter university at 19 years of age. The short answer is for public universities it's unlikely that it's possible that you can apply pre-results.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.