Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

My 2017 - 18 GYG Thread

Hi, and welcome to my GYG thread for 2017-18. I started year 12 about a month ago and I have just finished my first half term studying the following subjects:

- Economics (Edexcel B)
    -Computing (OCR)
    - English Lit (Edexcel)
    -Maths (OCR)
    -Further Maths (OCR)

Although we haven't started the further maths course yet.
    I am also studying for an Italian GCSE (AQA) and the GPR (global perspectives and research) course.

About Me

I am 15 years old and took my GCSE's last year (grades below)

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths - 9
    Further Maths - A*
    English Literature - 6
    English Language - 6
    Computing - A*
    Physics - A*
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - A
    French - B
    Latin - B
    History - B

I tend to be a pretty high achiever, but I want to focus on myself in a broader sense in sixth form. This means I want to improve my grades (obviously), but I also want to get involved with more extracurriculars and improve my health/lifestyle.

Goals
    I was pleased with my results, but I think I could have put in a lot more effort throughout year 10 & 11, so I'm aiming high for my A levels. I have been targeted AAABB (these are ALPS grades.)

I don't know how many subjects I will be carrying on as full A-Levels (3, 4 or 5,) but I am aiming for all A's and A*'s in the subjects I do take.

I plan on using this blog for motivation in both my academic and extracurricular pursuits.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions please ask them below

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    If you don't mind me asking, how come you're doing your a levels already at 15?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_)
    Good luck!
    If you don't mind me asking, how come you're doing your a levels already at 15?
    I was moved up a year when I was younger

ReputationRep:
    October 23rd 2017

Hello and welcome to my first post , hopefully a momentous occasion I can look back on in a year clutching my fistful of remarkable (mock) grades.

Today marked the first weekday of my half-term and an acceptable day it was. It started off with a shopping trip for birthday presents and spinach and ending with me using that spinach to make a smoothie for tomorrows breakfast. In between, however, I was pretty productive. I made flashcards for a few maths topics and for scene one of A Streetcar Named Desire (seen below.)
    Name:  IMAG0864.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  438.2 KB

In the future I aim to have slightly longer posts than this one, but I don't honestly have that much to write about today.
    See you soon

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck, loving this blog , I did Streetcar for my Higher English exam last year wasn't a fan though x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    Good Luck, loving this blog , I did Streetcar for my Higher English exam last year wasn't a fan though x
    Thanks, I'm actually loving it so far. I think its really interesting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.