Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that the standard offer is AAA at A-Level, but could anyone who has gotten in for oriental studies or asian and middle eastern studies at cambridge please give me an idea of what grades people generally have for this subject?. What grades did you guys get?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by sophia1928)
    I know that the standard offer is AAA at A-Level, but could anyone who has gotten in for oriental studies or asian and middle eastern studies at cambridge please give me an idea of what grades people generally have for this subject?. What grades did you guys get?
    Couldnt find an oriental studies course. Theres an Asian and Middle Eastern with ucas entrance points.

https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/entr...eturnTo/Search

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Couldnt find an oriental studies course. Theres an Asian and Middle Eastern with ucas entrance points.

https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/entr...eturnTo/Search
    Oriental studies is at oxford
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The entry criteria are what are stated. They may ask for higher grades, but this is at the discretion of the college, and is usually dependent on your individual application. For example, if you did poorly in any assessments but did well in interview, or vice versa, or something similar, they may feel you are a borderline candidate and set you an offer with a higher grade requirement, or an A* in a specific subject etc, to see you stretch to that higher level of attainment.

But provided you meet the standard entry criteria, you should be under consideration, although bear in mind Oxford's different selection process given they interview fewer candidates, and so rely slightly more on pre-interview criteria (such as GCSEs, assessments, submitted works, academic reference) to shortlist students. Bear in mind AAA is for Oriental Studies at Oxford - Cambridge requires A*AA for AMES as the minimum standard, although you'll probably be reasonably able to achieve this if even if you're applying to Oxford.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.