Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I Guess Its Love I Can’t Pretend - A Freshers Blog Watch

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I’m Midnightmemories. I’m 19 years old and I am undertaking a Health And Social Care degree with the Open University. I am doing the modules k101 and e102.

I am doing this because I also work full time. I am a senior sales assistant at Greggs. But I want to do this degree because I wish to better myself and hope that although I suffer with health conditions and work full time, I want to prove to myself that I can do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Hey!

I’m Midnightmemories. I’m 19 years old and I am undertaking a Health And Social Care degree with the Open University. I am doing the k101 and e102.

I am doing this because I also work full time. I am a senior sales assistant at Greggs. But I want to do this degree because I wish to better myself and hope that although I suffer with health conditions and work full time, I want to prove to myself that I can do this.
    :woo: you can totally do this. Remember to get support chick!!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    :woo: you can totally do this. Remember to get support chick!!
    None has been offered so far really yet I’ve declared my chronic illness :hide:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Following.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    :hugs:

Following.
    :jumphug:
    Thank you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I’m Midnightmemories. I’m 19 years old and I am undertaking a Health And Social Care degree with the Open University. I am doing the modules k101 and e102.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! MidnightMemories has a blog :banana:
    :jumphug: Here for you girl! You got this :yy:
    :hugs: I hope they get back to you soon re: support but how has it been going as of now?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    23/10/17

So today I had my first actual proper tutorial for my first module, K101. It was on a online session and I think it went well. For those that don’t know, k101 is a introduction to health and social care module. It has five assignments and a essay at the end!

I love this way of working with the OU. I can work at my own pace and speed and do stuff when I want to instead of at a set time which is brilliant when I work 30hrs a week and also deal with chronic pain and mental health issues.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO! MidnightMemories has a blog :banana:
    :jumphug: Here for you girl! You got this :yy:
    :hugs: I hope they get back to you soon re: support but how has it been going as of now?
    Midnight got her arse in gear and decided to show TSR a alternate student experience.

My modules officially started on the 7th of October and they’ve currently done nothing apart from send me the combi bound matierals that I need. I’ve havent heard anything about them wanting to contact them about anything which sucks. I don’t have DSA which probably doesn’t help. :hide:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Midnight got her arse in gear and decided to show TSR a alternate student experience.

My modules officially started on the 7th of October and they’ve currently done nothing apart from send me the combi bound matierals that I need. I’ve havent heard anything about them wanting to contact them about anything which sucks. I don’t have DSA which probably doesn’t help. :hide:
    :ahee:

:jumphug: oh
    is there a way to apply for it or? :/
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:

:jumphug: oh
    is there a way to apply for it or? :/
    There is. But I just... haven’t. :hide:

Because everything’s really complicated it’s hard. :hide:

But somehow I seem to be going on okay which is a miracle really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

try to soon :jumphug:
    I see
    :console: I'm glad but yeah, do put doing so high on the priority list after being ok.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    try to soon :jumphug:
    I see
    :console: I'm glad but yeah, do put doing so high on the priority list after being ok.
    I just dunno where to start so I’ve just buried my head in the sand. I have no clue what they could do for me so I’ve not bothered. :hide:

I suck I know lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I just dunno where to start so I’ve just buried my head in the sand. I have no clue what they could do for me so I’ve not bothered. :hide:

I suck I know lol
    04MR17 and people in his disabled students thread may be able to offer some advice?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Thanks CheeseIsVeg

I will always help a CTAM record holder.

Okie dokie, question 1:

Do you have a permanent or long-term condition which affects your day-to-day activities significantly*?:holmes:

*significantly mean non-trivial in this case.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Thanks CheeseIsVeg I will always help a CTAM record holder.

Okie dokie, question 1:

Do you have a permanent or long-term condition which affects your day-to-day activities significantly*?:holmes:

*significantly mean non-trivial in this case.
    Ayee, I have chronic pain which is a *****. Not sure how it affects me but there has been times where I struggle to get out of bed lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Ayee, I have chronic pain which is a *****. Not sure how it affects me but there has been times where I struggle to get out of bed lol
    That should qualify:yep:

2. Do you have medical evidence?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That should qualify:yep:

2. Do you have medical evidence?
    Should do. I have letters from consultants proving that I have a syrinx? And letters about the chronic pain. I could always get a letter from the doctors too but I cba to pay £20
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Should do. I have letters from consultants proving that I have a syrinx? And letters about the chronic pain. I could always get a letter from the doctors too but I cba to pay £20
    Paying £20 to get £1,790 a year??
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Paying £20 to get £1,790 a year??
    I doubt I would get that much :hide:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I would get that much :hide:
    That is the standard amount.:yep:

There is no scale when it comes to how much you get. It is not dependent on need or family income or anything,:nah:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.