The Student Room Group

The Dumb Nerd- My GCSE Journey

Hi everyone! It's really nice to meet you! I'm Yodaller. Um... tbh I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Maybe I'll add stuff to this intro later.

Eh.

Anyway...

Quick Things about Me
I love music. Ask me about Classical Music (Romantic period is my favourite) or Kpop and I could chat your ear off. I ADORE good food and my friends (Not sure how they'd feel being lumped together like that) I also have an unhealthy obsession with Star Wars :starwars:.
Oh, and bubbles. I love bubbles. :smile:

Why I'm writing this blog
I'm currently 8 months away from the first scary moment of my life (GCSEs !!!! :afraid:)
I thought I would start this blog as a kind of motivation device to study hard and so I could look back on this and just cringe at my stupidity. Looking Forward to it already!

What Subjects I'm Doing

English Language and Literature (AQA)

Maths (EdExcel) :eviltongue:

Religious Studies (AQA)

Double Science Award (Edexcel iGCSE)

French as a Foreign Language (CIE)

Mandarin Chinese as a Foreign Language (CIE)

History (CIE)

Music (EdExcel)

(Short Course) Latin (WJEC) :eviltongue:

(Short Course) Ancient Greek (OCR)- Already Done!

I hope this gave you a little idea 'bout me and I also hope you're not too repulsed, Future Me (and whoever else happens to be reading this).

I might (not) edit this later. Maybe if I just leave it, it'll add to the authenticity? (Read between the lines- I'm just lazy :lazy:)

K, Baii!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck! What do you plan on doing in the future?
love the username:congrats:
all the best for y11!!
just wondering what you got for ancient greek?
Reply 3
Original post by _gcx
Good luck! What do you plan on doing in the future?

Hi there! Thanks for the good wishes- it makes me feel all warm inside. :colondollar:
I plan on studying Oriental Studies- focusing on Korea/Japan at Uni. What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by mez_merising
love the username:congrats:
all the best for y11!!
just wondering what you got for ancient greek?

Cheers mate! I got an A (my excuse is that I was half an hour late for my literature paper :P) Still over the moon with it though. What about you, do you do AG?
Original post by Yodaller
Hi everyone! It's really nice to meet you! I'm Yodaller. Um... tbh I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Maybe I'll add stuff to this intro later.

Eh.

Anyway...

Quick Things about Me
I love music. Ask me about Classical Music (Romantic period is my favourite) or Kpop and I could chat your ear off. I ADORE good food and my friends (Not sure how they'd feel being lumped together like that) I also have an unhealthy obsession with Star Wars :starwars:.
Oh, and bubbles. I love bubbles. :smile:

Why I'm writing this blog
I'm currently 8 months away from the first scary moment of my life (GCSEs !!!! :afraid:)
I thought I would start this blog as a kind of motivation device to study hard and so I could look back on this and just cringe at my stupidity. Looking Forward to it already!

What Subjects I'm Doing

English Language and Literature (AQA)

Maths (EdExcel) :eviltongue:

Religious Studies (AQA)

Double Science Award (Edexcel iGCSE)

French as a Foreign Language (CIE)

Mandarin Chinese as a Foreign Language (CIE)

History (CIE)

Music (EdExcel)

(Short Course) Latin (WJEC) :eviltongue:

(Short Course) Ancient Greek (OCR)- Already Done!

I hope this gave you a little idea 'bout me and I also hope you're not too repulsed, Future Me (and whoever else happens to be reading this).

I might (not) edit this later. Maybe if I just leave it, it'll add to the authenticity? (Read between the lines- I'm just lazy :lazy:)

K, Baii!

Hey i have Pmed you, and what do u like so much about KPOP ^^
BlackPink?
I’m in y10 doing cores, triple science, Latin, German, history, drama and art
Reply 8
Original post by mez_merising
I’m in y10 doing cores, triple science, Latin, German, history, drama and art

Good Luck to you mate! Good choices :smile:
Hi there! Thanks for the good wishes- it makes me feel all warm inside. :colondollar:
I plan on studying Oriental Studies- focusing on Korea/Japan at Uni. What about you?

Nice! Are you interested in classics at all? Well imo maths is nice so I'll probably be doing that.
Reply 10
Original post by JDieMstr
BlackPink?

Still remember watching their debut showcase. So proud of them, haha.
Still remember watching their debut showcase. So proud of them, haha.

I was introduced to Kpop coz of their boombayah and then found my brother from another mother: G Dragon :dancing2:
Anyway, goodluckz with your GCSEs. They are now a distant memory 4 me:redface:
Reply 12
Original post by JDieMstr
I was introduced to Kpop coz of their boombayah and then found my brother from another mother: G Dragon :dancing2:
Anyway, goodluckz with your GCSEs. They are now a distant memory 4 me:redface:

Thanks, You lucky poo :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by _gcx
Nice! Are you interested in classics at all? Well imo maths is nice so I'll probably be doing that.

I was before, but after 2 months of Latin crushed that interest :P

You must be a real smart cookie- I always admire people who do maths. Good luck!
you don't really seem like a dumb nerd.lol.
u seem like a clever nerd.Then there's me who is actually dumb and can't even revise for 5 minutes...:frown:and on top of that Idek what am doing with my life or what I want to study.
anyways good luck!
I was before, but after 2 months of Latin crushed that interest :P

You must be a real smart cookie- I always admire people who do maths. Good luck!

What about ancient Greek? You did pretty well in that.

Well, it's an interesting subject. Sad that the presentation and portrayal of maths in the British education system puts so many off.
Reply 16
Original post by tamil fever
you don't really seem like a dumb nerd.lol.
u seem like a clever nerd.Then there's me who is actually dumb and can't even revise for 5 minutes...:frown:and on top of that Idek what am doing with my life or what I want to study.
anyways good luck!

You don't give yourself enough credit- and trust me, if you knew me irl, you would think I was being too nice about the title :P
We'll get through this together :smile:
Into the Abyss!
You don't give yourself enough credit- and trust me, if you knew me irl, you would think I was being too nice about the title :P
We'll get through this together :smile:
Into the Abyss!

I hope you can guide me into the right path of studying.Trust me.I love studying last minute and I just cram everything in.I find it so hard to remember information that I make stupid links to old information.Literally even my teachers told me I should have a little more self confidence but I always tell them I am speaking realistically and know what my brain is capable of.And that's not a lot.

More like into endless hell...:frown:
Reply 18
Original post by tamil fever
I hope you can guide me into the right path of studying.Trust me.I love studying last minute and I just cram everything in.I find it so hard to remember information that I make stupid links to old information.Literally even my teachers told me I should have a little more self confidence but I always tell them I am speaking realistically and know what my brain is capable of.And that's not a lot.

More like into endless hell...:frown:

You'll be fine, trust me :smile:
Woah I have found another being who studies mandarin as a foreign language (I do edexcel tho) how do you find it? I love learning it so much, it's so interesting :biggrin: also do French and have the nicest exchange partner. We're only allowed to do two languages maximum at my school though
:tongue: good luck with your gyg and gcses! I have a gyg thread. As well :biggrin:
TOASTIEKID x
Not sure what's up with this ranDom capitalisation oops

Quick Reply

Latest