Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In one of my classes I'm struggling to concentrate and to even get anything from the class. Generally I am a nervous/panicky person but in this class it's even worse because there's a lot of group presentations & discussion involved. My anxiety is through the roof and the thought of going to the class stresses me out.
    Please don't judge me! In that class there is;
    1) a group of girls who bullied me when college started, made my life hell and I vowed to never go anywhere near them. It's like I'm scared of them and I do not want any contact with them whatsoever.
    2) a guy I used to fancy & his friends. He knew I fancied him but didn't fancy me back. It's so awkward around him, his friend fancied me but I fancied him.
    3) a group of girls I used to be friends with but they were all into drinking & partying which I wasn't, so I took myself out of the friendship group. I have managed to stay away from them and not have any contact.
    I feel like the whole environment is unhealthy for me to be in and I am considering moving groups but again on the other hand if I moved wouldn't I be running away from the situation & letting the anxiety win?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In one of my classes I'm struggling to concentrate and to even get anything from the class. Generally I am a nervous/panicky person but in this class it's even worse because there's a lot of group presentations & discussion involved. My anxiety is through the roof and the thought of going to the class stresses me out.
    Please don't judge me! In that class there is;
    1) a group of girls who bullied me when college started, made my life hell and I vowed to never go anywhere near them. It's like I'm scared of them and I do not want any contact with them whatsoever.
    2) a guy I used to fancy & his friends. He knew I fancied him but didn't fancy me back. It's so awkward around him, his friend fancied me but I fancied him.
    3) a group of girls I used to be friends with but they were all into drinking & partying which I wasn't, so I took myself out of the friendship group. I have managed to stay away from them and not have any contact.
    I feel like the whole environment is unhealthy for me to be in and I am considering moving groups but again on the other hand if I moved wouldn't I be running away from the situation & letting the anxiety win?

You've got to do whats best for your mental health, but also try your best not to let it have a massive effect on your education. Can you move to a different class but studying the same tiopics?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.