Turn on thread page Beta

In one of my classes I'm struggling to concentrate and to even get anything from the class. Generally I am a nervous/panicky person but in this class it's even worse because there's a lot of group presentations & discussion involved. My anxiety is through the roof and the thought of going to the class stresses me out.
    Please don't judge me! In that class there is;
    1) a group of girls who bullied me when college started, made my life hell and I vowed to never go anywhere near them. It's like I'm scared of them and I do not want any contact with them whatsoever.
    2) a guy I used to fancy & his friends. He knew I fancied him but didn't fancy me back. It's so awkward around him, his friend fancied me but I fancied him.
    3) a group of girls I used to be friends with but they were all into drinking & partying which I wasn't, so I took myself out of the friendship group. I have managed to stay away from them and not have any contact.
    I feel like the whole environment is unhealthy for me to be in and I am considering moving groups but again on the other hand if I moved wouldn't I be running away from the situation & letting the anxiety win?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In one of my classes I'm struggling to concentrate and to even get anything from the class. Generally I am a nervous/panicky person but in this class it's even worse because there's a lot of group presentations & discussion involved. My anxiety is through the roof and the thought of going to the class stresses me out.
    Please don't judge me! In that class there is;
    1) a group of girls who bullied me when college started, made my life hell and I vowed to never go anywhere near them. It's like I'm scared of them and I do not want any contact with them whatsoever.
    2) a guy I used to fancy & his friends. He knew I fancied him but didn't fancy me back. It's so awkward around him, his friend fancied me but I fancied him.
    3) a group of girls I used to be friends with but they were all into drinking & partying which I wasn't, so I took myself out of the friendship group. I have managed to stay away from them and not have any contact.
    I feel like the whole environment is unhealthy for me to be in and I am considering moving groups but again on the other hand if I moved wouldn't I be running away from the situation & letting the anxiety win?

You've got to do whats best for your mental health, but also try your best not to let it have a massive effect on your education. Can you move to a different class but studying the same tiopics?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.