Medicine 5th choice Watch

hydroxide
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've not chosen my 5th choice for medicine yet, I'm thinking of doing biomedical science or physiotherapy.
I'm not sure if physiotherapy would be really competitive but I feel like physiotherapy involves more speaking to patients compared to biomedical science which is more lab-based work...
Does anyone have any advice or opinion on this? Or has anyone actually applied to physio as their 5th choice before?
Thanks in advance
GrandMedic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hydroxide)
I've not chosen my 5th choice for medicine yet, I'm thinking of doing biomedical science or physiotherapy.
I'm not sure if physiotherapy would be really competitive but I feel like physiotherapy involves more speaking to patients compared to biomedical science which is more lab-based work...
Does anyone have any advice or opinion on this? Or has anyone actually applied to physio as their 5th choice before?
Thanks in advance
To be honest, I chose biomedical science anyway because if I don't get in I'd rather take a gap year and reapply the following year for medicine. Biomedical science is the most common 5th choice and if you're looking to do graduate medicine then there are a few med schools which only want biomed or a degree similar to it.

But if you would enjoy physiotherapy more, it's a decent 5th option and you can definitely still apply for grad medicine. (The UCAS deadline is gone, so really no point pondering over it ).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?