Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've not chosen my 5th choice for medicine yet, I'm thinking of doing biomedical science or physiotherapy.
    I'm not sure if physiotherapy would be really competitive but I feel like physiotherapy involves more speaking to patients compared to biomedical science which is more lab-based work...
    Does anyone have any advice or opinion on this? Or has anyone actually applied to physio as their 5th choice before?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydroxide)
    I've not chosen my 5th choice for medicine yet, I'm thinking of doing biomedical science or physiotherapy.
    I'm not sure if physiotherapy would be really competitive but I feel like physiotherapy involves more speaking to patients compared to biomedical science which is more lab-based work...
    Does anyone have any advice or opinion on this? Or has anyone actually applied to physio as their 5th choice before?
    Thanks in advance
    To be honest, I chose biomedical science anyway because if I don't get in I'd rather take a gap year and reapply the following year for medicine. Biomedical science is the most common 5th choice and if you're looking to do graduate medicine then there are a few med schools which only want biomed or a degree similar to it.

But if you would enjoy physiotherapy more, it's a decent 5th option and you can definitely still apply for grad medicine. (The UCAS deadline is gone, so really no point pondering over it ).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.