Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...

I was hoping to get some feedback from you.
    I am hoping to apply for MPHARM...I am predicted AAC. I have done a lot of research and I can see myself in this profession as a pharmacist.
    I’ve shortlisted the unis that match my entry requirements and looks good but can’t narrow it down to 5 so I would be so grateful for your suggestions...

Listed in no particular order btw
    Aston
    Reading
    Bath
    De Montfort
    Kingston
    Bradford
    Portsmouth
    Hertfordshire
    Liverpool John Moore’s
    Brighton
    Wolverhampton
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorAngel)
    Hey guys...

I am hoping to apply for MPHARM...I am predicted AAC. I have done a lot of research and I can see myself in this profession as a pharmacist.
    I’ve shortlisted the unis that match my entry requirements and looks good but can’t narrow it down to 5 so I would be so grateful for your suggestions...

Aston
    Reading
    Bath
    De Montfort
    Kingston
    Bradford
    Portsmouth
    Hertfordshire
    Liverpool John Moore’s
    Brighton
    Wolverhampton
    Not de montfort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripmygrades)
    Not de montfort
    Hey there xx
    why not DMU?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there xx
    why not DMU?
    Compartively **** uni compared to leicester

ReputationRep:
    hey, im doing an mpharm degree in my first year now, its not really that hard to get into pharmacy, I had resat some exams for my a2 year and ended up getting into pharmacy in keele university which is one of the top 5 in the uk for pharmacy with only 3B's where as the entry requirement is AAB
    hope i was of help if you got any more questions just ask

ReputationRep:
    Hey Thank you for your reply.How are you finding Mpharm so far? So basically do you think with AAC I should apply to better unis than the above ones. I mean Igu like many of the top ranked unis like Manchester Cardiff even Nottingham said we will consider ur application but may not be as competitive so I didn’t want to waste an option just in case. Cos I also see on their website that only 115 places availab with about 1500 applications they get. Because you have already started your degree do u think I can have a look at ur personal statement I need some ideas on structure and specifics of what to include as I just changed my option from biomed to pharmacy last week as I had initially wanted to do medicine and then kept canning cos I didn’t get the right predictions of AAA. If u can can you send ur statement that would be soooo helpful..obviously I really aware of plagiarism so don’t worry about me using any of ur content. Any other info when applying for Mpharm , interviews, further reading would be appreciated Good luck and thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamk123)
    hey, im doing an mpharm degree in my first year now, its not really that hard to get into pharmacy, I had resat some exams for my a2 year and ended up getting into pharmacy in keele university which is one of the top 5 in the uk for pharmacy with only 3B's where as the entry requirement is AAB
    what unis did you apply to? and did you need to do any interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamk123)
    Hey what were your predicted grades when you applied to Keele if you don’t mind me asking?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...

Aston
    Reading
    Bath
    De Montfort
    Kingston
    Bradford
    Portsmouth
    Hertfordshire
    Liverpool John Moore’s
    Brighton
    Wolverhampton

Is there anything you would like to know about Aston or studying in Birmingham in particular? We are ranked 13th in the UK for Pharmacy in 2018 in the Complete University Guide.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Hello josh
    With AA predictions in biology chemistry and C in maths. Would I be a potential candidate for Aston?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...

Aston
    Reading
    Bath
    De Montfort
    Kingston
    Bradford
    Portsmouth
    Hertfordshire
    Liverpool John Moore’s
    Brighton
    Wolverhampton
    Hey there DoctorAngel,

I think I replied to your other thread but if you have any questions about Herts, just let me know!

How are you getting on with your decision? Are you planning on attending any open days?

Thanks,
    Heather

ReputationRep:
    Just to pitch in: I went to a DMU open day and it was absolutely fantastic there. They've just had massive renovations on their whole campus and it's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Hello josh
    With AA predictions in biology chemistry and C in maths. Would I be a potential candidate for Aston?
    Hi,

We ask for ABB for our MPharm Pharmacy course, but like every university there is always some flexibility in our entry requirements. Despite not matching up perfectly two A's in Biology and Chemistry would put you in a very favourable position and would certainley encourage you to apply.

Is there anything you would like to know about Aston or student life in Birmingham? We have an Open Day coming up Saturday if you fancy popping in.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Msg today from one chain i work for, saying locum rate CUT from £20/hr to £19/hr and MUST do 2 MURs or will be cut again to £18/hr for that day if none done!!!
    Also consider that a few yrs ago, this small chain was paying me £23/hr !!!
    WAGES ARE GOING DOWN!

DON'T DO PHARMACY KIDS!

certainly if you want to be wealthy or even just have a reasonable work/life balance as the pressure and stress to earn a not that good 30-40k a yr for 5 yrs training is unrelenting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.