Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what are the easiest quickest cheapest healitheist foods to make at uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am starving and I really can't cook, I keep having to resort to fast food and I got ill because of it. Could some one tell me some stuff that I could make on a day to day basis that is easy cheap quick and healthy. I have a lot of contact hours so I would like to meal prep. today I had 9 till 6 and my lecturers said that we have more hours than medicine students. thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Pesto pasta is great, just boil some pasta and once cooked, add pesto and some grated cheese. It’s best served piping hot or cold!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    For really basic food, you can grab a massive bag of rice and pasta for cheap at most supermarkets, Tesco, Morrison's etc. With that, you can make a load of stuff, if you don't have a lot of time you can just throw some butter in, if you have more time you can make all sorts of combinations by throwing in cream, peas, bacon, seeds, vegetables, all sorts. As for full on recipes, there are loads online, I'm pretty sure the bbc website has cheap meal recipes where you can also check how much it would cost in the shop near the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    Get a student cook book? Google it? Easier than us listing individual recipes here

ReputationRep:
    buy a **** ton of rice
    **** ton of frozen veg and chicken
    cook that **** up takes 20-30mins

ReputationRep:
    Milk and Porridge

ReputationRep:
    youtube has a bunch of meal prep videos

ReputationRep:
    Might be best to do some food prep. Provided your flat has a freezer, get a bunch of tubs and fill them with rice, chicken and broccoli (A staple dieting meal) and then freeze them. You can reheat them as the week progresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElAshtonio)
    Might be best to do some food prep. Provided your flat has a freezer, get a bunch of tubs and fill them with rice, chicken and broccoli (A staple dieting meal) and then freeze them. You can reheat them as the week progresses
    how long can i leave food in the freezer for with out it going bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmellow:))
    how long can i leave food in the freezer for with out it going bad
    Lol, I had to look this up.....

Apparently, chicken and brocolli can last for about a year and rice can last forever 0_0

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I had to look this up.....

Apparently, chicken and brocolli can last for about a year and rice can last forever 0_0
    I am going to eat oatmeal, pasta, chicken breast, rice, mixed vegtables, mixed nuts, milk, salmon, cheese apples, bananas and oranges everday. is eating this food repeatedley everyday and meal preping them okay. or will the like of vareity ause me to become deficent in something.
    Edit: and peas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmellow:))
    I am going to eat oatmeal, pasta, chicken breast, rice, mixed vegtables, mixed nuts, milk, salmon, cheese apples, bananas and oranges everday. is eating this food repeatedley everyday and meal preping them okay. or will the like of vareity ause me to become deficent in something.
    Woah, that sounds like a good diet, much better than mine lol. I'm not properly educated in this but I think that list covers every food group; you won't be deficient in anything. Problem is though, it might take up too much time and effort to get that food every day but if you live close to a market/supermarket, it shouldn't be too much hassle

ReputationRep:
    you can make curries and freeze the leftovers for later in the week, supermarkets also have premade sauces so it doesn't take too long to cook, doubt it's healthy tho

ReputationRep:
    Woah, that sounds like a good diet, much better than mine lol. I'm not properly educated in this but I think that list covers every food group; you won't be deficient in anything. Problem is though, it might take up too much time and effort to get that food every day but if you live close to a market/supermarket, it shouldn't be too much hassle
    i was just thinking that it might be bad fo me if i eat the same stuff constantly, because the oatmeal, pasta and rice are all carbs and im not to clued about stuff like this but could this make me insulin resistant and cause diabetes. sorry if this sounds stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Buy loads of frozen veg and cook it and it’s ready in 5 mins. Adds to any meal or you can eat on its own and it’s super healtju

ReputationRep:
    Stir fry is always good- cant go wrong with veg and chicken. Noodles can be added to it as well.
    Fajitas are good as well- bulk it up with loads of veggies and use spices.
    Things like soup, curry and spag bol can be made in large batches so you can freeze it, all you'd have to do is heat it up when you want to eat it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajayma)
    Buy loads of frozen veg and cook it and it’s ready in 5 mins. Adds to any meal or you can eat on its own and it’s super healtju
    can i just chuck it in with my rice and boil it, is that how your supposed to do it, sorry if that sounds stupid. my mum used to do everything for me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.