Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend won't be in photos with me Watch

Boyfriend of 3 years won't be in pictures with me - he rarely posts on Facebook/Instagram which I understand but he won't even be in photos for me to post. He takes loads of just me and he's even got a picture of me as his background but he hates being in photos. It makes me sad because we've been together so long and we must have about 4 or 5 nice photos of us together in total - on the odd occasion I've managed to get him in a selfie he won't smile and just looks very awkward.

My friends joke that it looks like I just go to places on my own and that he is my camera man because all my holiday pics etc are just ones he has taken of me - not us together. What can I do?! I know it's not that important overall but it would be nice to be able to look back at pictures of us -

ReputationRep:
    maybe he thinks his ugly and your his beautiful majestic female
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by study beats)
    maybe he thinks his ugly and your his beautiful majestic female
    Then surely he wouldn't mind ME putting up pictures? Obviously I don't think he's ugly or I wouldn't be with him

ReputationRep:
    he’s probably just self conscious I think a lot of guys don’t like having their photo taken
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I am like this, I barely have any photos of myself.

ReputationRep:
    yeah don't take it personally

i hate seeing myself in photos too and would rarely get in them

ReputationRep:
    maybe hes having other girlfriend or maybe hes part of no pictures type of guys like religious orthodox
    on your place i'd better watch if he is willing to share your photos with other online like stupid revenge dumped guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    I am like this, I barely have any photos of myself.
    Same. I don't know how people have 100+ pics of themselves on Facebook, Insta, etc. and update them on a regular basis. I have like... five pics of me in total from the past three years or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sknudson)
    Same. I don't know how people have 100+ pics of themselves on Facebook, Insta, etc. and update them on a regular basis. I have like... five pics of me in total from the past three years or so.
    I like to keep a minimal online presence. Putting your entire life online is shivering.

ReputationRep:
    have you asked him why he doesn't like to be in photos?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.