The Student Room Group

Not Traditional

Hi! I'm a female and ever since I was old enough to understand what babies are... I said I never want any.

I always said I don't want kids and I don't want to get married, most adults in my life said that by the time I'm 15 I'll be dreaming of being a wife and a mother... they were wrong!

I'm 16 now, the idea of pregnancy absolutely repulses me, the word 'wife' makes me cringe and thinking of changing diapers makes me want to throw up.

I don't have a problem with having a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's all good fun until you bring in marriage... and 'family life'.

First of all, why do I need a legal agreement to validate my love for someone? why is being a 'wife' so much better than being a girlfriend? when i think of the word 'wife' I picture a sad middle aged woman that sits at home all day, doing nothing but changing diapers and having a little parasite suck on her nipple~ disgusting.

I hate kids altogether, not just the idea of pushing one out of myself but the way they behave; at first they cry all the time and **** themselves, then they run around screaming like idiots, then they throw tantrums, then they demand money from you and then they leave you forever without even a 'thank you' for the 18 years of suffering you just went through.

it's so awkward when someone asks me if I want to hold their ****ing new born that they pushed out of their vagina last week. No thanks it looks like ET and I don't want it anywhere near me.

Why are humans so obsessed with procreation, there's nothing special about creating more of something that we've already got too much of.

I just want to find someone that I can have fun with, who I can create a bond of mutual love and support with and who I can just have to appreciate me and for me to appreciate them.

Is this wrong? is my brain broken? everyone around me thinks im defective.

Thoughts?
No there's nothing wrong with you, although I do feel the need to remind you that you were once a "parasite" and you looked "like ET" and screamed like an "idiot" and caused your parents "suffering". You should be thankful that your parents went through all of that to give you life.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting marriage and children.
Original post by DrawTheLine
No there's nothing wrong with you, although I do feel the need to remind you that you were once a "parasite" and you looked "like ET" and screamed like an "idiot" and caused your parents "suffering". You should be thankful that your parents went through all of that to give you life.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting marriage and children.

Everyone was once a child, I'm aware of that and I'm grateful that my mother took care of me but I just don't think procreation is as special as people make it seem.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by leovalentine
Everyone was once a child, I'm aware of that and I'm grateful that my mother took care of me but I just don't think procreation is as special as people make it seem.

And that's absolutely fine.
lol I agree with everything you said ..

I am a guy and I still have trouble understanding why people are fascinated by the idea of having sex in order to make babies ...it just confuses me ....

I guess some people or more biologically driven like monkeys where they feel the need to reproduce ??

but again, some people do really like kids and babies, they think they are cute.

also I guess some people have babies because for some reason they feel as if it's their purpose in the world and they can die in peace after that.

as for the marriage thing, yeah I don't like it either
Nothing wrong with that. Up until I was about 13, I genuinely thought I was asexual. That's changed, but I still don't want any children. I find them annoying (especially after having to do some work at a primary school for NCS - that was a looooong day), and I don't fancy going through that. Plus this planet has more than enough people already.

Yes, there is an evolutionary element to it (if a species doesn't have a drive to reproduce, it will most likely die out), but I don't think that's really relevant.

Also, marriage is supposedly on the way out. About half of marriages end in divorce.
Original post by study beats
lol I agree with everything you said ..

I am a guy and I still have trouble understanding why people are fascinated by the idea of having sex in order to make babies ...it just confuses me ....

I guess some people or more biologically driven like monkeys where they feel the need to reproduce ??

but again, some people do really like kids and babies, they think they are cute.

also I guess some people have babies because for some reason they feel as if it's their purpose in the world and they can die in peace after that.

as for the marriage thing, yeah I don't like it either

I'm glad I'm not alone~ I get babies can be cute... maybe. But if people just want something cute they should get a puppy or something, it's cheaper.

As much as I don't enjoy comparing people to monkeys I think the idea that some people are more hormone driven makes a lot of sense.
Original post by TheMindGarage
Nothing wrong with that. Up until I was about 13, I genuinely thought I was asexual. That's changed, but I still don't want any children. I find them annoying (especially after having to do some work at a primary school for NCS - that was a looooong day), and I don't fancy going through that. Plus this planet has more than enough people already.

Yes, there is an evolutionary element to it (if a species doesn't have a drive to reproduce, it will most likely die out), but I don't think that's really relevant.

Also, marriage is supposedly on the way out. About half of marriages end in divorce.

I'm glad people understand me, most people who I spoke to from my family just thought I'm going through a phase or something idk lol.
Original post by leovalentine
I'm glad people understand me, most people who I spoke to from my family just thought I'm going through a phase or something idk lol.

I think it's one of things that unless you feel the same way, you don't get it.

Quick Reply

Latest