Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would really like to study Business and Management at Exeter, but the career I want to go into involves a lot of marketing and consumer research, so I'm also thinking of applying for Management with Marketing. I haven't quite decided so I want to give myself more time to decide. Will universities think of me any differently if I apply to two courses? Will they be like, "...oh, this applicant clearly can't commit to one course"?

The two courses are similar, but the main difference is that Management with Marketing leads to accreditation from CIM, which is what you need to for the majority of jobs in Marketing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    I would really like to study Business and Management at Exeter, but the career I want to go into involves a lot of marketing and consumer research, so I'm also thinking of applying for Management with Marketing. I haven't quite decided so I want to give myself more time to decide. Will universities think of me any differently if I apply to two courses? Will they be like, "...oh, this applicant clearly can't commit to one course"?

The two courses are similar, but the main difference is that Management with Marketing leads to accreditation from CIM, which is what you need to for the majority of jobs in Marketing.
    I applied for two course at the same uni and ended up with 2 unconditional offers so it should be okay
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I applied for two course at the same uni and ended up with 2 unconditional offers so it should be okay
    Congrats! ) Hope you enjoy whichever course you decide to firm in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    Congrats! ) Hope you enjoy whichever course you decide to firm in the end!
    thank you but i didnt go to that uni in the end, ended up going somewhere different

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.