The Student Room Group

is my way of eating healthy

if i eat oatmeal, mixed nuts, chicken salmon rice pasta mixed frozen veg cheese brocoli, peas apples banana and oranges everyday would the lack of variety cause me to become defficent in some nutrient or anything.

also is eating frozen food bad for you?

also is meal prepping and frezzing the food all the time bad for you?

i am just going to put the frozen chicken and salmon in the oven and throw the brocoli, frozen mixed veg and peas in with the rice to boil, are you meant to make it like this?

is it weird if i just ate this food all the time?
Original post by marshmellow:)
if i eat oatmeal, mixed nuts, chicken salmon rice pasta mixed frozen veg cheese brocoli, peas apples banana and oranges everyday would the lack of variety cause me to become defficent in some nutrient or anything.

i am just going to put the frozen chicken and salmon in the oven and throw the brocoli, frozen mixed veg and peas in with the rice to boil, are you meant to make it like this?

sounds good-varied enough and from time to time you'll have something else no doubt
frozen food isn't bad for u, neither is meal prepping-ur just saving time whilst getting the same amount of nutrients
ur a ****ing chef mate, that's the right way
Original post by angrypoliceman
sounds good-varied enough and from time to time you'll have something else no doubt
frozen food isn't bad for u, neither is meal prepping-ur just saving time whilst getting the same amount of nutrients
ur a ****ing chef mate, that's the right way

thanks mate i felt like i was completely clueless in the kitchen
Reply 3
Original post by marshmellow:)

Good enough as long as you're getting a bit of a variety of veg (you can get bags of mixed frozen veg).
Depends on what frozen food you're getting. Frozen fish and chicken is pretty good as long as it isn't questionable nuggets- something like a breast fillet etc is fine.
Freezing food yourself is fine as long as you do it straight after cooking with food that is in date and you heat it properly after.
Freezing just preserves food, so as long as it was good food to start with it's totally fine.

You might like a bit more variety for your own sanity though. If you're doing frozen prepping you could have a selection of about 5-7 meals you make and freeze.
Couple of pasta dishes, rice dishes, potato dishes and noodle dishes would work well. Even just changing what veg you use or what flavouring you add could be a nice change. :smile:
Reply 4
i think if u get all nutrients that u need - like vitamins from fruits, proteins from meat/fish/egg..., glucose and starch from veggies, fruits and carbs...
anyway if u get all that, it doesn't matter if u eat the same things every day - i guess you'll get bored of it before your body
I think that would be quite balanced. If you want an extra portion of fruit, you can add frozen fruit to your oatmeal.

Quick Reply

Latest